Cove vs Raith, 14/1/23

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

McBride, respectfully, hasn't got it. He did his fair share of running about on Wednesday but he really didn't impact the game. Just doesn't do enough with the ball. There's no way he should be starting ahead of anyone in that lineup. 

Frederiksen can feel a little more hard done by, but he'll get his chance off the bench. 

Agreed. I love Big John as irrationally as the next man but he likely needs to do more than score a goal in a rezzy game after a mistake to get the nod in a crucial one away to Cove.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Disappointed. Surely McBride and Little John earned another try with their effort…to be honest, Gullan is ice cold.

I’ll wait and see how many minutes John gets. Surely after scoring midweek you’d want to give him some game time and keep his confidence up?

9 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

McBride, respectfully, hasn't got it. He did his fair share of running about on Wednesday but he really didn't impact the game. Just doesn't do enough with the ball. There's no way he should be starting ahead of anyone in that lineup. 

Frederiksen can feel a little more hard done by, but he'll get his chance off the bench. 

I’m assuming that you were at the Queen’s match, or have seen enough to know it, and you see McBride filling more of a Connell role (pest, playing  the ball around, distracting rather than scoring) the rest of the way? If that’s correct, then we know why Connell has pretty much disappeared. He was quite “involved” by commentary mention and discussion, but he certainly wasn’t shooting.

Just now, pub car king said:

Rather than the 2 minutes he got against Dundee john could get 20 minutes here when gullen tires. Think Mitchell is also a viable sub with his pace to bring on. 

How long Frederiksen gets will likely be proportional to How badly we are doing.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I’m assuming that you were at the Queen’s match, or have seen enough to know it, and you see McBride filling more of a Connell role (pest, playing  the ball around, distracting rather than scoring) the rest of the way? If that’s correct, then we know why Connell has pretty much disappeared. He was quite “involved” by commentary mention and discussion, but he certainly wasn’t shooting.

I think he just means he's generally just a bit shite.

Just now, pub car king said:

Rather than the 2 minutes he got against Dundee john could get 20 minutes here when gullen tires. Think Mitchell is also a viable sub with his pace to bring on. 

Something to be said for Mitchell and Frederiksen coming on together around the 60 minute mark. Mitchell fresh and speedy, and Little John causing worry because of his sudden ability to put it on target.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Something to be said for Mitchell and Frederiksen coming on together around the 60 minute mark. Mitchell fresh and speedy, and Little John causing worry because of his sudden ability to put it on target.

Two chances of this happening, and Slim's out of town....