Celtic v Kilmarnock

gannonball

7 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Ain't that the truth.

Stolen from Off the Ball,

Willie Collum has retrospectively referred yesterday's extra time incident to VAR and the decision is 'penalty Rangers'.

Says all you need to know about the sponsors/authorities requirement for a bigot fest final.

All we need to know is a trope from off the ball, well that's me convinced.

2 hours ago, Paxo said:

Do they usually allow one set of fans in the South Lower and opposing fans in the South Upper? Dirty b*****ds were spitting down at the Killie fans at the end.

That's absolutely vile (Killie fans do need a wash etc etc), I've no desire for football audiences to turn into sterile boring rugby audiences but why tf would you bring your kids to that sort of environment? 

8 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That's absolutely vile (Killie fans do need a wash etc etc), I've no desire for football audiences to turn into sterile boring rugby audiences but why tf would you bring your kids to that sort of environment? 

That's disgusting behaviour. I hate spitting. If someone spat on me I would want to knock them out.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

I would have been annoyed of course but as VAR goes in terms of  decisions it's pretty low from what I have seen this season in Scottish football. Of course it being  in extra time in a semi final would make it hurt more for you. I don't blame Collum either for a change as it's whoever was in  charge of VAR who has all the tools to come to the right conclusion. There's far more to it than a comment Ange made a week ago and it goes further up than Scottish football.

You didn't need VAR to see it was a penalty, that alone is on Collum. VAR should have come to his rescue but how a 'supposed top referee" cannot see that is a penalty is beyond me.   He was staring right at it. 

TBH it's what we have just come to accept in Scottish football as it panders to 2 teams, hence why I stopped going to Ibrox and Parkhead for years.  

Postecoglu has just turned out like every previous bitter Celtic manager  - great when winning, but moans repeatedly when things go against him.  I honestly thought he was better than people like O'Neil, Rodgers & co, but sadly not. 

50 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Aye agreed. Totally unnecessary as well. Hate to think what would have been coming down if we had won 2-0.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You know what... I don't believe that.

Apart from the idiocy of arguing with a mod who asks you to calm down - Clown Job always posted as if he was a contributor to TAL Fanzine rather than a multi-team forum.  And constantly forgot that the reason most of us post on here is that it's a refreshing change from the rabbit hole that most single-club forums take you down.

20 hours ago, Clown Job said:

As I said, not interested in wanting to tackle the issue, but then again you are from Ayrshire its a famous place for its intolerance 

This post is quite beautiful in framing the Clown Job perspective regarding prejudice.

He's irrational to a staggering degree.

8 hours ago, Paxo said:

Do they usually allow one set of fans in the South Lower and opposing fans in the South Upper? Dirty b*****ds were spitting down at the Killie fans at the end.

No they weren't, your made up shite will suit the narrative you want to give and win you a few online high fives though. 

4 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

No they weren't, your made up shite will suit the narrative you want to give and win you a few online high fives though. 

Mind that bus I was speaking about all being blootirt at Dundee Shell? Bumped into them yesterday again.

Grampian Shamrock.

team america vomit GIF

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Mind that bus I was speaking about all being blootirt at Dundee Shell? Bumped into them yesterday again.

Grampian Shamrock.

team america vomit GIF

Supporters bus going to football match stops for some bevvy. 

Someone call the police and the SNP, down with this sort of thing. 

4 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Supporters bus going to football match stops for some bevvy. 

Someone call the police and the SNP, down with this sort of thing. 

You can't get bevy at Dundee Shell, so get it up you.

Was 2 bottles of Oasis for £2.80 and two big bags of crinkles for £1.80.

Having just about digested everything from yesterday now, I can hopefully get this thread back on track. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I'll carry on.

Very proud of the team yesterday, every player gave their all and there were no bad players in the stripes with perhaps the exception of Lafferty who shouldn't have started despite our very limited options up front at present. Unlike the previous week where we dug in for more or less the entirety of the game, we went toe to toe with Celtic and were it not for a combination of some excellent saves from Joe Hart and Liam Polwarth getting in the way, we would have had the ball in the net at least once. On the balance of the 90 minutes, I don't think it's unfair to suggest that we deserved to score, but that's football. Regarding the penalty shout just before Celtic scored the winner, when even John Hartson is claiming that a penalty should have been given you know that the referee has made a big blunder. I feel that it's already been done to death and there's no guarantee that we'd have got a goal from a penalty, but it would have been some achievement to take Celtic to extra time given the gulf in resources between us and them. I thought our fans were absolutely brilliant and the team deserved to be applauded off the park despite the loss as there's certainly no shame in losing in the manner we did.

In terms of a day out, it made me realise just how much we'd missed out on over the past 11 years without a Hampden appearance for the first team. Had a fantastic day out with friends, met loads of people I knew up at Hampden - some of whom I'd not seen since before covid was a thing - and even after the game, it was a really good night. I really, really hope that we don't have to wait another 11 years to enjoy such a special day.

I thought Lafferty played reasonably well aside from the goal, which I'm not really sure I'd put down as any sort of major error anyway, since he needed to do something. He was a general pest to their defence, and won fouls and occupied defenders in a way that Doidge hasn't been able to do over the last few games. Doidge was superb in the air when he came on, as he always is, but he gave Carter-Vickers and Starfelt an easier time of it beyond that.

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

😂 What? Why on earth would I make something like that up?

The really sad thing is that it's not the first time I've been spat at by Celtic fans either.