Celtic v Kilmarnock

gannonball

Just now, AJF said:

I think you also need to appreciate that what Giakoumakis did goes beyond the usual sort of tussles you see at corners. He has literally just piled into the back of the player and wrapped both his arms around him 😂

Tbh I don't see what happened there as massively different to what you see in alot of games tbh. For some reason refs only seem to give it the player is just about get the ball but the ball was too high in. I don't agree with that philosophy and would have had no complaints if the pointed at the spot (other than having to endure extra time in that weather) as it something that should be penalised more.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, it’s not a good argument. 

Acting like it’s a minor case of shirt pulling when he just flattens the boy. 

Shirt pulling isn't 'minor' though, it's an automatic yellow card if punished, again annoyingly refs only seem to consistently punish it if a player is control of the ball which shouldn't be the case.

Edited by gannonball

4 hours ago, Fide said:

This thread is a perfect example of why it's good that there's a separate corner for the OF on this forum. Scotland's absolute shame, the two of them. 

I was like many was staying out the argument but given your club still chose to employ Broadfoot after his lengthy ban down south and then still chose to keep Lafferty, I think you can spare us the Helen Lovejoy pish. 

Edited by gannonball

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It's really not as I have explained why. A stonewaller would suggest it's a penalty that is nearly always given however for whatever reason Referees often choose not to give them at all levels. There has been a slight drop in man handling at corners etc from VAR but it still goes on in most games with very little penalties given to it in proportion to how much you see it. All of this suggests not getting a penalty yesterday was not a massive injustice or a stonewaller.

I wish they did though as it's a cynical part of the game that would soon be nearly eradicated of if they did.

Of course you would have accepted that logic if the roles had been reversed. 

It was a stone wall penalty and Collum shat it because he didn't want the abuse/criticism from Ange and co. for giving a penalty so late in the game against Celtic. 

Th better team won in the end but that should not have been at the expense of honest refereeing. 

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I was like many staying out the argument but given your club still chose to employ Broadfoot after his lengthy ban down south and then still chose to keep Lafferty, I think you can spare us the Helen Lovejoy pish. 

Whataboutery deflective nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Fide said:

Whataboutery deflective nonsense. 

It's not as I admit we have our issue with bigots. Its just total lack of self awareness from you when your in club is still employing one and trying to take some sort of moral high ground.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

If you’re happy to educate I’d suggest you brush up on your comprehension skills. You think that anyone that plays for or supports the OF fit the description of a bigoted, cheating, lanky streak of pish and is a professional footballer??  You’re not the sharpest tool in the box mate

Any opinions on yesterday's game?

24 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Of course you would have accepted that logic if the roles had been reversed. 

It was a stone wall penalty and Collum shat it because he didn't want the abuse/criticism from Ange and co. for giving a penalty so late in the game against Celtic. 

Th better team won in the end but that should not have been at the expense of honest refereeing. 

I would have been annoyed of course but as VAR goes in terms of  decisions it's pretty low from what I have seen this season in Scottish football. Of course it being  in extra time in a semi final would make it hurt more for you. I don't blame Collum either for a change as it's whoever was in  charge of VAR who has all the tools to come to the right conclusion. There's far more to it than a comment Ange made a week ago and it goes further up than Scottish football.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Any opinions on yesterday's game?

Best team won although killie should’ve had a pen at the end, would’ve been quite happy with another 30 mins tbh, was enjoying the game and I’m sure we’ve still won in the end.  Shame Kyogo was offside for hatates goal, was a great move and finish. 

58 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Shirt pulling isn't 'minor' though, it's an automatic yellow card if punished, again annoyingly refs only seem to consistently punish it if a player is control of the ball which shouldn't be the case.

The point is you’re comparing apples with oranges here. 

You’re referring to the kind of thing that goes on at almost every set piece with both players fouling each other and sometimes a clear foul is missed because it gets lost in all the other tussling going on. 

That’s not what happened yesterday. Wright and giakoumakis have no one near them, wrights eyes are on the ball and giakoumakis goes straight through the back of him and flattens him. It is very clearly a foul and a penalty. I find it strange that you don’t see that.  

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would have been annoyed of course but as VAR goes in terms of  decisions it's pretty low from what I have seen this season in Scottish football. Of course it being  in extra time in a semi final would make it hurt more for you. I don't blame Collum either for a change as it's whoever was in  charge of VAR who has all the tools to come to the right conclusion. There's far more to it than a comment Ange made a week ago and it goes further up than Scottish football.

It does.

Just not in the manner you think.

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

All rangers and Celtic fans should be banned from this football forum. 

Any thread they come near turns to absolute shit.

Aye but is 'cos of theyum. Utter poison. Funny how they suddenly love VAR. We honestly do need VA Referees from England & Wales or anywhere else really, but if that happened then Turkey Vagina neck & the somehow reinstalled Levy wannabee would have a collective coronary.

Edited by Moomintroll