Celtic v Kilmarnock

gannonball

Errrrrr, anyways... I thought we played well today. Deserved more, but never got it - such is the game. 

Full credit to all the lads today, they deserve plenty of praise for that performance. Polworth is such a classy player, and if wee Armstrong had an end product he'd be unstoppable. 

Well this thread got interesting*.

Getting away from Kyle Lafferty's clear anti-catholic statement expressed via the medium of football boot colour, I thought Killie were very unfortunate there. Generally limited Celtic to half chances and denied what looked like a stonewall penalty to me at the time.

We're good enough to stay up I think. Since the second half comeback against Motherwell we've shown a certain grit that seemed to be missing before. One or two quality signings to push us up the table a bit would be great and then strengthen again in the summer.

*Tedious.

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I thought we played well today. Deserved more, but never got it - such is the game. 

Full credit to all the lads today, they deserve plenty of praise for that performance. Polworth is such a classy player, and if wee Armstrong had an end product he'd be unstoppable. 

Celtic v Kilmarnock thread for this pish

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Scotland doesn't want to tackle the issue of anti catholicism 

😆 It's 2023!

Nobody gives a f**k about Catholics or Protestants. 

Stonewaller btw, raging.

Edited by Lurkst

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Edit: I'm not going to get into this discussion again tonight,  the simple fact is Scotland has always had an issue with its catholic minority population, but if you have the cheeky to push back, you're labelled as being a bigot because im assuming it makes people feel better thinking its a two way thing when in it really isn't 

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Right on cue 

He played for a club with a strong association with that organisation

You know, the one with the orange away kits aimed at supporters of said organisation 

I've got no idea why the both of you are pretending to be ignorant but I can take a guess

You honestly don't think someone at the club should have had a word in his ear about them, especially as he is just back from a 10 game ban for making an anti catholic comment?

I mean come on, don't pretend you can't see the issue with that.

Its hard to take a lecture about  from someone from Ayrshire, not exactly the hotbed of tolerance 

I know you're purposely being obtuse here. 

Maybe if your club didn't pander to the OO people wouldn't be tarred with association with them

Shocked suggestion I know

Scotland doesn't want to tackle the issue of anti catholicism 

Look at yourself as an example, you can't even admit how poor it comes across for Kilmarnock to let him onto the pitch wearing them in the first game back after his ban. 

I'm not really interested in playing the whataboutery game I'll just copy and paste my comment from earlier 

Its really not that difficult. 

Of course you are

It's what you do,  feign ignorance, play whataboutery

Its a good way to totally blank the points about your clubs association with the OO

See how you're trying to turning the discussion about me now? 

It's always bad faith arguing, always.

As I said, not interested in wanting to tackle the issue, but then again you are from Ayrshire its a famous place for its intolerance 

Because he's a bigot

No

You're not. 

Doesn't have a patch on D&G

Just being polite and giving me honest opinions when someone brings the topic up.

I'd happily never discuss anti catholic attitudes in Scotland or Scottish football again.... but you know as long as it exists you can't really ignore it.

8 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Yeah, can you imagine the reaction to Lafferty if he was being a racist or homophobic.

I'd imagine he wouldn't be getting a heroes welcome from fans nor the media 

"I'm not going to get into this discussion tonight" to a ban in about two hours. Outstanding work.

Celtic fans 😂

7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Stonewaller btw, raging.

Agreed it should be a penalty but to suggest it's a stonewaller and some massive injustice is nonsense for me. Players still get man handled the time in the box at all levels and VAR refs seem to still turn a bit of a blind eye to it and not just in Scottish football. We had a very similar one against the **** earlier on in the season and didn't get it and there was a few at the world cup that were like that. It is annoying though as it's something that is obviously cynical so should be punished always. Soon you would find players would stop doing it so much when VAR is involved.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed it should be a penalty but to suggest it's a stonewaller and some massive injustice is nonsense for me. Players still get man handled the time in the box at all levels and VAR refs seem to still turn a bit of a blind eye to it and not just in Scottish football. We had a very similar one against the **** earlier on in the season and didn't get it and there was a few at the world cup that were like that. It is annoying though as it's something that is obviously cynical so should be punished always. Soon you would find players would stop doing it so much when VAR is involved.

So you agree it’s a clear pen but the idea that there’s been an injustice is nonsense?

This is mental gymnastics, I’m afraid. 

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So you agree it’s a clear pen but the idea that there’s been an injustice is nonsense?

This is mental gymnastics, I’m afraid. 

It's really not as I have explained why. A stonewaller would suggest it's a penalty that is nearly always given however for whatever reason Referees often choose not to give them at all levels. There has been a slight drop in man handling at corners etc from VAR but it still goes on in most games with very little penalties given to it in proportion to how much you see it. All of this suggests not getting a penalty yesterday was not a massive injustice or a stonewaller.

I wish they did though as it's a cynical part of the game that would soon be nearly eradicated of if they did.

Edited by gannonball

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It's really not as I have explained why. A stonewaller would suggest it's a penalty that is nearly always given however for whatever reason Referees often choose not to give them at all levels. There has been a slight drop in man handling at corners etc from VAR but it still goes on in most games with very little penalties given to it in proportion to how much you see it. I wish they did though as it's a cynical part of the game that would soon be nearly eradicated of if they did.

I think you also need to appreciate that what Giakoumakis did goes beyond the usual sort of tussles you see at corners. He has literally just piled into the back of the player and wrapped both his arms around him 😂

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you also need to appreciate that what Giakoumakis did goes beyond the usual sort of tussles you see at corners. He has literally just piled into the back of the player and wrapped both his arms around him 😂

Aye, it’s not a good argument. 

Acting like it’s a minor case of shirt pulling when he just flattens the boy.