Celtic v Kilmarnock

gannonball

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Care to elaborate?

You're claiming that OB isn’t a sectarian slur because of the original meaning of the word. Wouldn’t the same apply to FB?

Or maybe you’re just full of shit.

Sure 

The F word is a slur against Catholics

The OO are an anti catholic organisation (Tolerated and supported in Scotland)

It's a false equivalence to try and compere them, See also "They're as bad as each other"

I do think it says a lot that guys like Kirk Broadfoot and Kyle Lafferty are welcomed into Scottish football. 

The guy has came back after a 10 game ban for making a bigoted comment and he decides to wear orange boots. Make of that what you will.

Edit: I'm not going to get into this discussion again tonight,  the simple fact is Scotland has always had an issue with its catholic minority population, but if you have the cheeky to push back, you're labelled as being a bigot because im assuming it makes people feel better thinking its a two way thing when in it really isn't 

Edited by Clown Job

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Sure 

It's a false equivalence to try and compere them, See also "They're as bad as each other" 

Absolutely shameless.

You're part of the problem.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Absolutely shameless.

You're part of the problem.

Right on cue 

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Scotland has always had an issue with its catholic minority population, but if you have the cheeky to push back, you're labelled as being a bigot

24 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Sure 

I do think it says a lot that guys like Kirk Broadfoot and Kyle Lafferty are welcomed into Scottish football. 

The guy has came back after a 10 game ban for making a bigoted comment and he decides to wear orange boots. Make of that what you will.

Edit: I'm not going to get into this discussion again tonight,  the simple fact is Scotland has always had an issue with its catholic minority population, but if you have the cheeky to push back, you're labelled as being a bigot because im assuming it makes people feel better thinking its a two way thing when in it really isn't 

Could you explain why Celtic fans would assume that McInnes has any connection to the OO?

The only correct answer is the assumption that he is Protestant. Which means he is being abused due to an assumption of his religion.

27 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Sure 

You're having an absolute shocker.

What does Derek McInnes have to do with the orange order? What assumptions are being made that links him to the orange order?

Edited by Mean Gene

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Could you explain why Celtic fans would assume that McInnes has any connection to the OO?

The only correct answer is the assumption that he is Protestant. Which means he is being abused due to an assumption of his religion.

He played for a club with a strong association with that organisation

You know, the one with the orange away kits aimed at supporters of said organisation 

3 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

Your having an absolute shocker.

What does Derek McInnes have to do with the orange order? What assumptions are being made that links him to the orange order?

Just now, Clown Job said:

You know, the one with the orange away kits aimed at supporters of said organisation 

I've got no idea why the both of you are pretending to be ignorant but I can take a guess

32 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The guy has came back after a 10 game ban for making a bigoted comment and he decides to wear orange boots. Make of that what you will

A grown man, like an adult who is allowed to vote and drive and stuff, upset about the colour of a footballer's boots. 

I mean, holy f**k. What an absolute toilet these two sets of fans make the west of Scotland. 

1 minute ago, deadasdillinger said:

A grown man, like an adult who is allowed to vote and drive and stuff, upset about the colour of a footballer's boots. 

I mean, holy f**k. What an absolute toilet these two sets of fans make the west of Scotland. 

You honestly don't think someone at the club should have had a word in his ear about them, especially as he is just back from a 10 game ban for making an anti catholic comment?

I mean come on, don't pretend you can't see the issue with that.

Its hard to take a lecture about  from someone from Ayrshire, not exactly the hotbed of tolerance 

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He is assumed to be a member of the OO because he played for Rangers and is abused because of that instead of his perceived religion? That’s your argument?

That is very, very weak.

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You honestly don't think someone at the club should have had a word in his ear about them, especially as he is just back from a 10 game ban for making an anti catholic comment?

I mean come on, don't pretend you can't see the issue with that.

Its hard to take a lecture about  from someone from Ayrshire, not exactly the hotbed of tolerance 

I'd worry more about your fans singing songs in support of a terrorist organisation than the colour of someone's fitba boots if you're wanting to tackle this issue.

Just now, AJF said:

He is assumed to be a member of the OO because he played for Rangers and is abused because of that instead of his perceived religion? That’s your argument?

That is very, very weak.

I know you're purposely being obtuse here. 

Maybe if your club didn't pander to the OO people wouldn't be tarred with association with them

Shocked suggestion I know

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I've got no idea why the both of you are pretending to be ignorant but I can take a guess

It’s because your are assuming he is a Scottish Protestant who has played for and supports Rangers. Therefore he must be OB. There you go. 

Let’s try and play a game and you tell me if they are an OB because they played for an are associated with Rangers.

Lorenzo Amoruso 

Richard Gough

Barry Ferguson 

Maurice Johnson

Just now, deadasdillinger said:

I'd worry more about your fans singing songs in support of a terrorist organisation than the colour of someone's fitba boots if you're wanting to tackle this issue.

Scotland doesn't want to tackle the issue of anti catholicism 

Look at yourself as an example, you can't even admit how poor it comes across for Kilmarnock to let him onto the pitch wearing them in the first game back after his ban. 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I know you're purposely being obtuse here. 

Maybe if your club didn't pander to the OO people wouldn't be tarred with association with them

Shocked suggestion I know

It’s not being purposely obtuse at all, I am reiterating what you’ve said. You are defending calling someone an O.B on the basis that person can be assumed to a member of the OO because they played for Rangers. Is that correct or not?

1 minute ago, Mean Gene said:

It’s because your are assuming he is a Scottish Protestant who has played for and supports Rangers. Therefore he must be OB. There you go. 

Let’s try and play a game and you tell me if they are an OB because they played for an are associated with Rangers.

Lorenzo Amoruso 

Richard Gough

Barry Ferguson 

Maurice Johnson

I'm not really interested in playing the whataboutery game I'll just copy and paste my comment from earlier 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Its really not that difficult.