Dunfermline vs Peterhead 14/01 15:00

Looking forward to this, not been to a game since the 3rd December. Our last home game against Peterhead was so stupidly wasteful. Hopefully this week is better.

Are Peterhead looking any better after a pretty turbulent January in terms of players moving on and the new manager getting settled in?

Edited by 101

• 101 changed the title to Dunfermline vs Peterhead 14/01 15:00

Like always,  a team in our position will feel the pressure to win and a home game against bottom of the league is probably the height of it, even if we failed to do so last time.

I’d hope Breen is available as comrie at LCB is quite unnatural even if he did the role well last weekend.  

Strong possibility of mochrie and/or KRH returning to the starting line up for this in anticipation of having a good amount of the ball.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Looking forward to this, not been to a game since the 3rd December. Our last home game against Peterhead was so stupidly wasteful. Hopefully this week is better.

Are Peterhead looking any better after a pretty turbulent January in terms of players moving on and the new manager getting settled in?

PD do look a bit better with quite a few new signings and more on the way, but it wont be an instant turn around.

The last two performances......albeit a draw and a defeat......were much better than what we've witnessed the rest of the season, but I cant see anything other than a home win. A draw at best for us.

IF we could score a goal it would help!

Unless you implode like the last game at EEP.

Anything but a win, preferably rather handsomely, would be unacceptable. Peterhead are a League 2 team sleepwalking through the rest of the season, and pretty much every other team in the league has absolutely rodgered them. 

On the ball I would hope to see us play a 3-4-3 and if we are regrouping off it, have it more like a 4-5-1 with Hamilton being a key anchor. Take the game to them from the first whistle and attack like f*ck. 

I don't think Hamilton will play. My guess is that he will go with a midfield three of Todd, Chamers and Mochrie. Wighton will play through the middle and perhaps looking at him being flanked with McCann and O'Hara either side of him (that was meant to be the front 3 on Tuesday)

This would mean a back four. Breen has been struggling with illness so I think 4-3-3 Comrie, Bene, Fisher and Edwards back four.

The good thing is that we're certainly not predictable with our set-up like Yogi last year playing the same formation every week regardless of opposition or success with that formation.

Can we bring back Josh Falkingham for this, to make the game interesting? Peterhead’s first half meltdown/attempted murder is about the only thing I remember from games against them.

Assuming that won’t happen, I’d take any kind of win. But it would be nice to do it with a bit of comfort. Don’t see much reason to change the system from last week. Breen in for Comrie (if fit), but no other changes required for this one. Keep Hamilton in front of the back 3, allowing MacDonald and Edwards to effectively play as wingers.

Edited by CallumPar

Looking at our results away to Peterhead and Clyde makes the four dropped points from the home games even worse. In fairness Clyde were actually better than us that day, but Peterhead were quiet until we chucked it with 5 to go.

Hopefully a home win, be nice to have Fisher confirmed as staying, maybe even one in the door before then to add to the competition.

Please just score early Pars so we're not chucking the kitchen sink at it with 10 to go.

We've scored 1 goal in the first half of our 9 home games to date. It's not as if the way we aren't going about things isn't working as such, as we are sitting quite pretty at the top, but that stat is quite something. Makes the games a bit nervy. Teams are coming to EEP and being very regimented and we struggle to break them down. 

20 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Can we bring back Josh Falkingham for this, to make the game interesting? Peterhead’s first half meltdown/attempted murder is about the only thing I remember from games against them.

Assuming that won’t happen, I’d take any kind of win. But it would be nice to do it with a bit of comfort. Don’t see much reason to change the system from last week. Breen in for Comrie (if fit), but no other changes required for this one. Keep Hamilton in front of the back 3, allowing MacDonald and Edwards to effectively play as wingers.

Fakenham was a despicable twat & was no loss when he went back down south, even given his antics that day think it took about an hour to score against our 8 men. Think he had a reputation at Arbroath before as a troublemaker. Our own supporters knew that two names to get me worked up were Josh Fakenham & Stephen Finnie. Wonder if Andy Rodgers will be joining us tomorrow 😉

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Fakenham was a despicable twat & was no loss when he went back down south, even given his antics that day think it took about an hour to score against our 8 men. Think he had a reputation at Arbroath before as a troublemaker. Our own supporters knew that two names to get me worked up were Josh Fakenham & Stephen Finnie. Wonder if Andy Rodgers will be joining us tomorrow 😉

His 'antics'? You mean being physically assaulted by a group of tiny brained morons who got worked up over the most basic of footballing wind ups that you see in most games?

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough if you weren't a fan of his, he seemed to be a bit of a cult hate figure for other teams.

However you must be on a wind up if you think he somehow had what was coming to him here. Clearly targeted from the get go and two truly awful challenges.

https://youtu.be/vbLR2P5RfOU

2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Fair enough if you weren't a fan of his, he seemed to be a bit of a cult hate figure for other teams.

However you must be on a wind up if you think he somehow had what was coming to him here. Clearly targeted from the get go and two truly awful challenges.

https://youtu.be/vbLR2P5RfOU

Was just about to say the same, all 3 clear reds.

Have been over it many times still think it was a combination Fakenham playing up & the ref loosing control with the first red. Have never forgiven Buchanan for getting Jordan Brown sent off came across when not involved stood on Jordans  then made a big thing of it when pushed away. Not sure if it was Greg or Chris Aitken that had the whistle but although discussed loads of times if he had given Jamie Redmond a yellow which would have been plenty the game may have settled down early on. As it was there were far worse fouls in the second half but the ref had to ignore or explain why the match would have been abandoned. Hopefully this weeks game will be remembered for a good game & worthy winner