Motherwell v County (Stoppable Force v Moveable Object)

Weather didn’t help but my god that was two absolute piles of shite out there today. If this this isn’t the bottom two come the end of the season then I’ll be amazed..someone will have to go into admin to to save either of us. 

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Once again. When the going gets tough, we fall apart.

I don't care who replaces them, Lamie and Sol need to be dropped.

It didn't get tough, it was fundamentals of the game we apparently can't do, like winning headers or tracking runners.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

It didn't get tough, it was fundamentals of the game we apparently can't do, like winning headers or tracking runners.

It's fine. Hammell will tell us all how we're "working on it" only for the same mistakes to be made next week. 

24 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Laidlaw is just a mediocre keeper.

Callachan, Watson and various others are either just utter murder.

I thought Callachan was one of your better players last season or one of your top scorers at one point? Just turned to shite?

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought Callachan was one of your better players last season or one of your top scorers at one point? Just turned to shite?

naw he was pish last season as well, scored some penalties and had a few set up by hungbo/cookie

Same shite different week. We have zero game management, we cannot see a game through and get the win. Hammells lack of experience in seeing the game out will only continue to come back and haunt us. I thought Crankshaw looked decent but what has Blaney got to do to get a start ahead of either Lamie or Sol? Surely he can't be worse than either of them?!

I thought it was a County penalty. I fully expected the ref to give it and then thought VAR would overturn it so we got away with that as far as I'm concerned.

As said by others if these teams aren't the bottom 2 in any order then it'll be a minor miracle.

Arbroath away next week is going to be some laugh.

Even allowing for the weather, that today was a crime against football. Two utter gangs who both looked determined to be even more brutal than the other. I think St Johnstone and Utd will scrape enough points together to claw their way towards mid table, leaving us two and Killie in a three way fight for the safety of 10th place.

From a 'Well point of view, it's tiring going over the same old ground every week, but we are so fucking soft it's unreal, and our car-crash centre halfs have at least one utter calamity in them every single game. Early days for the new boys and will take them a wee while to get used to the pace of the game up here, but thought Crankshaw was fairly anonymous although Mandron put himself about and caused a few problems when he came on.

Overall? We're right in the fucking mire, lads.

Utterly spineless arseholes in that Motherwell team. Not a bit fight in any one of them. That equaliser is Sunday league stuff. 

If either of these teams are playing Premiership football next season, they'll have had some bit of luck.

Also, remember when World Cup games were lasting about 110 minutes? Get that happening here. I have no issue with County wasting time from about the 10th minute onwards. A point away from home is a decent result for them. However, add the time back on. 4 minutes at the end was a joke, should've been at least double that. The referee was utterly hopeless all game so no surprise he got something else wrong. 

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Utterly spineless arseholes in that Motherwell team. Not a bit fight in any one of them. That equaliser is Sunday league stuff. 

If either of these teams are playing Premiership football next season, they'll have had some bit of luck.

Also, remember when World Cup games were lasting about 110 minutes? Get that happening here. I have no issue with County wasting time from about the 10th minute onwards. A point away from home is a decent result for them. However, add the time back on. 4 minutes at the end was a joke, should've been at least double that. The referee was utterly hopeless all game so no surprise he got something else wrong. 

Kilmarnock and St Johnstone are every bit as bad.  As always, there are about five teams trying to outshite each other. 

Can someone describe the equaliser to me, I wasn’t really concentrating as there was no danger, it seemed to come through a position that I would have expected Lamie to be at.

My assumption is that Lamie let the ball go through him allowing a free run on goal.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Can someone describe the equaliser to me, I wasn’t really concentrating as there was no danger, it seemed to come through a position that I would have expected Lamie to be at.

My assumption is that Lamie let the ball go through him allowing a free run on goal.

I was the same, turned to speak to my old man while the County sub was happening, then looked back two seconds later like wtf? seeing the boy through on Kelly.

Lamie pushed forward slightly to challenge White(?) for the ball from a throw in…but then decided to literally not leave the ground to challenge for the header. White flicked it on completely unchallenged, Sol missed the interception/let it run across him and the County boy ran in and finishe with literally his first touch. Genuinely an embarrassing goal to concede at Sunday league level.