The Bairns Vs The Bams

14 hours ago, Double t said:

For the Clyde red the boy had a studs showing and was high so can see why he got a red specially if the ref compaired to the red he gave us.

Apologies for being a bit late to the party, but I've  been up North all day and am just starting to catch up on P&B. I have nothing on the Donaldson tackle as there were players in the way and I was at the other end of the pitch. However, for the Clyde red card this is the moment of impact. 

Hendo wins the ball and the Clyde player is a fraction of a second late. I don't have any pics of the challenge before this one so can't say if it was intentional, but it looks harsh for a straight red. 

AAB_9174.thumb.jpg.950692ad68789a8e9e2438ef20080be5.jpg

18 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I get there's biased, and people will to a degree see what they want to see, however what on earth do you think the Clyde number 10 is doing? Running upto the ref, gesticulating, literally holding his hand up in the motion of giving a card? 

I have never known a player to gesticulate the motion of a card to be produced for a sending off, I'd say its the universal sign for a booking and that he was himself surprised that it was a red. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I have never known a player to gesticulate the motion of a card to be produced for a sending off, I'd say its the universal sign for a booking and that he was himself surprised that it was a red. 

You're at it. 

5 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I watched the highlights and didn't see the 'imaginary card gesture' at all. He had his hands up for sure but didn't make the card thing at all as far as I could see.

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I watched the highlights and didn't see the 'imaginary card gesture' at all. He had his hands up for sure but didn't make the card thing at all as far as I could see.

Yeah I rewatched again after Grant's post and tbf there's nothing like the card gesture. Just flailing. 

On 15/01/2023 at 23:07, Bainsfordbairn said:

Apologies for being a bit late to the party, but I've  been up North all day and am just starting to catch up on P&B. I have nothing on the Donaldson tackle as there were players in the way and I was at the other end of the pitch. However, for the Clyde red card this is the moment of impact. 

Hendo wins the ball and the Clyde player is a fraction of a second late. I don't have any pics of the challenge before this one so can't say if it was intentional, but it looks harsh for a straight red. 

AAB_9174.thumb.jpg.950692ad68789a8e9e2438ef20080be5.jpg

Never easy to tell how bad a challenge is from a still...from the above you can't tell if the motion of the foot is forward (red card) or downwards as if to pull out the challenge(yellow). For me neither of the challenges on Saturday were red cards...just another example of referees in charge of games that have no knowledge of how football is played, but once he's shown red to Donaldson, he had to show red for this. Consistent, just consistently wrong.

12 hours ago, Richie Sacramento said:

Never easy to tell how bad a challenge is from a still...from the above you can't tell if the motion of the foot is forward (red card) or downwards as if to pull out the challenge(yellow). For me neither of the challenges on Saturday were red cards...just another example of referees in charge of games that have no knowledge of how football is played, but once he's shown red to Donaldson, he had to show red for this. Consistent, just consistently wrong.

Is that better than inconsistent?  I can’t decide