The Bairns Vs The Bams

6 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Whoever said the ball was moving on Morrison’s free kick has very good eyes.  

I suspect anyone that didn't have the wall directly in their line of view (i.e. the vast majority of people at the game) would be able to confirm the ball rolled about a foot before being struck.

But if you remain unconvinced I think the highlights should help convince you. 

Still a great strike though.

Watching on FTV they both seemed like reds to me. Excessive force from Donaldson, and a straight high led from the Clyde player. Ref. was applying the laws correctly, but perhaps forgetting that in Scotland folk still tend to think that these challenges are yellows!

19 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

Watching on FTV they both seemed like reds to me. Excessive force from Donaldson, and a straight high led from the Clyde player. Ref. was applying the laws correctly, but perhaps forgetting that in Scotland folk still tend to think that these challenges are yellows!

Having watched the highlights I'm not convinced either is a foul never mind a red card. Donaldson's is a good hard tackle and the Clyde boys is more a coming together than anything else. Both ludicrous decisions.

Neither are a red card in a million years, barely even fouls. Two utterly stinking decisions and two weeks in a row where the ref has tried his best to ruin a decent game.

Morrison has benefitted massively from having a right back that can actually get forward and support him in the attack. Gives us a nice balance of danger down the left and the right as well with two wingers and two good full backs.

Although I thought Oliver did well  (apart from not helping himself to 3-4 goals) we are clearly in need of a natural number 9 who would have had a field day from the number of dangerous crosses and cut backs that were flashed across goal throughout the game.

The players looked like they enjoyed that and were playing with plenty of freedom - McGinn popping up on the right wing, the full backs in the middle of the park, Oliver in front of the back 4 etc

Adding Henderson in to the team has definitely given us a bit more steel in the middle of the park, and is letting McGinn and Nesbitt shine at the same time. Just a shame we have lost Alegria as the rest of the jigsaw seems to be coming together nicely. 

Clyde were absolutely honking but you can only beat what's in front if you. I dont think they managed to string more than about 3 passes together even when it was 10 v 11. Duffyball is even worse than I remember - ironically we opened the scoring from the first throw in of the game they didnt try and time waste over. 

3 home games, 3 wins and 11 goals scored, cant ask for much more than that. Need to start replicating these performances in our upcoming away fixtures now 

7 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

Having watched the replays I'd say Cols was never a red. At worst it was a yellow as he was a bit late and took out the clyde player. You can tell by the players reactions they didnt think it was a red as none of the Clyde players were shouting for a card.

For the Clyde red the boy had a studs showing and was high so can see why he got a red specially if the ref compaired to the red he gave us.

Theres a lot of force in Donaldson tackle, but its not high, studs showing etc and he does get the ball. It's just how hard he goes in. 

Not convinced it's worth the appeal. I'm assuming that's a 3 game ban, which is utterly wild for the challenge though. 

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Having watched the highlights I'm not convinced either is a foul never mind a red card. Donaldson's is a good hard tackle and the Clyde boys is more a coming together than anything else. Both ludicrous decisions.

Watched the two reds a few times over. No way either are reds. As said above, in other games both would have been fouls with yellows.

Unfortunately we've witnessed and been subjected too an appalling level of sub standard refereeing.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres a lot of force in Donaldson tackle, but its not high, studs showing etc and he does get the ball. It's just how hard he goes in. 

Not convinced it's worth the appeal. I'm assuming that's a 3 game ban, which is utterly wild for the challenge though. 

Normally 2 match ban in Scotland for that type of red card. The first is the next match regardless of competition, the second is usually competition specific. No idea why!

Referee could have given two yellows and noone would have cared post match. I don't see either being overturned, neither is particularly clever. 

No doubt we were comprehensively hammered but what a chance for Sula at 1-0. I though at the game it had to be a goal and the highlights back that up.

Just now, David W said:

Normally 2 match ban in Scotland for that type of red card. The first is the next match regardless of competition, the second is usually competition specific. No idea why!

Referee could have given two yellows and noone would have cared post match. I don't see either being overturned, neither is particularly clever. 

No doubt we were comprehensively hammered but what a chance for Sula at 1-0. I though at the game it had to be a goal and the highlights back that up.

Aye, even from the other end I thought he should have buried that. 

17 minutes ago, David W said:

Even if he did score it they'd still find a way to lose the game

Edited by Only one David Marsh

If either of those are red cards, we’d be as well giving the game up now. Donaldson’s was a tackle you see at least once or twice a game, a good tactical foul to disrupt play and he got the ball. Clyde one Hynes tries to pull his leg away and is going for the ball, both arguably yellows but neither reds. Smudger even turned to Duffy and said as much about the Clyde tackle. 2 weeks on the bounce the referee has ruined the game with no consequences for them whatsoever.

13 hours ago, Sputnik said:

I suspect anyone that didn't have the wall directly in their line of view (i.e. the vast majority of people at the game) would be able to confirm the ball rolled about a foot before being struck.

But if you remain unconvinced I think the highlights should help convince you. 

Still a great strike though.

Aye I was watching on FTV, so it was a lot easier to spot!

6 hours ago, Double t said:

Having watched the replays I'd say Cols was never a red. At worst it was a yellow as he was a bit late and took out the clyde player. You can tell by the players reactions they didnt think it was a red as none of the Clyde players were shouting for a card.

I get there's biased, and people will to a degree see what they want to see, however what on earth do you think the Clyde number 10 is doing? Running upto the ref, gesticulating, literally holding his hand up in the motion of giving a card? 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I get there's biased, and people will to a degree see what they want to see, however what on earth do you think the Clyde number 10 is doing? Running upto the ref, gesticulating, literally holding his hand up in the motion of giving a card? 

But what colour was the card? 

Yesterday was my first game since the Edinburgh game in November. 

Thought we played well and were in control throughout, 4-0 was a fair score in my opinion albeit I nearly missed the first (walking downstairs in the KM7 strand taking my son to the toilet) and we left at 3-0 so missed the fourth. What a difference having an out and out right back makes

I thought both red cards were reds at the time, Donaldson's looked high, late and reckless while the Clyde man's looked a bit like a stamp. Having viewed them on the highlights, I'd hope both clubs look to appeal them albeit there's little chance of both being upheld. I felt sorry for the ref yesterday who seemed to be having a decent game until the red for Donaldson and then seemed to be struggling to get the decision out his head. 

We have to be happy with our current form. As poor as Clyde were we can only beat what's in front of us.