The Bairns Vs The Bams

It wasn't ever going to go to extra time.

17 league matches without a win, 16 matches in all competitions. I don't see that ending here, even if we'll probably score a goal. All Falkirk need to do is attack us in wide areas or win a an attacking set piece. If that doesn't work, we will give you a penalty late on anyway.

4 hours ago, David W said:

It wasn't ever going to go to extra time.

17 league matches without a win, 16 matches in all competitions. I don't see that ending here, even if we'll probably score a goal. All Falkirk need to do is attack us in wide areas or win a an attacking set piece. If that doesn't work, we will give you a penalty late on anyway.

Nope you won’t give us a penalty, we will need to score from open play or a set piece as we are not allowed penalties. Every muppet of a ref in this league has signed the agreement.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Same team as Saturday but Burrell in for Oliver.

Not sure about that, I think he'll keep the same team as last week.

Burrell's an 'over the top run on to the ball' type, Oliver's more of 'ball to feet, hold it up for the midfielders' type. I can't see Clyde coming out enough to allow Burrell the space to run in to, so I think he'll plump for Oliver (would have been Alegria for the same reasons).

Starting line ups from 3-3 game. Don’t know about Clyde, but the Bairns side this time will be different, but not massively so in terms of style. No Hogarth, no McKay no Lawal or Williamson.

3EB951F8-F7D0-4745-B953-56E59F4DC51B.jpeg

Edited by Duncan Freemason

On 11/01/2023 at 19:49, Hughsie said:

Looking forward to seeing how bad the ref is. Progressively getting worse as the season goes on so should be a belter on Saturday.

They really do seem to have been getting worse & worse as we go, but today's panto villain will really have to work hard to do worse than last week's idiot.  Hope he doesn't read that as a challenge. 

(When was the last time we had a bone fide 'homer' as they used to be known?)