Arbroath V Motherwell, 21.01.23

Neil86

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Would be good to know asap if this game is any doubt. 

A large % of Motherwell fans will be heading up early tomorrow morning such as our group.  Train leaving Edinburgh around 10:30am.  Would be a bummer to learn at midday or later the game is a NO go.....

In a similar boat, Train leaves Queen street at 10.40. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I was out a walk this morning just before 9 and the ground was solid 

Out with dog in Edinburgh mid morning and ground solid also.

So unless pitch is playable this afternoon I am not sure what difference overnight will make. It may not go below freezing but will not be warm enough to thaw out the pitch 🤷‍♂️

If the covers have been able to keep ground soft enough to play then fine otherwise they should let us know later today if the game could be in doubt. 

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Out with dog in Edinburgh mid morning and ground solid also.

So unless pitch is playable this afternoon I am not sure what difference overnight will make. It may not go below freezing but will not be warm enough to thaw out the pitch 🤷‍♂️

If the covers have been able to keep ground soft enough to play then fine otherwise they should let us know later today if the game could be in doubt. 

I fully believe the covers will do their job and the game will be on 

If we get the game on we really are a well organised and great outfit off the park. Now just to sort out the on field stuff (hopefully it’s in progress with changes we’ve made) 

I expect it to be on too. They’ve said ground is soft underneath. Unless there’s a solid wee patch some place and ref decides against it 

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Covers are being lifted at 8.30am tomorrow morning 

I'll be on the train by then.

I'll be in Arbroath regardless. f**k the game to be quite honest. It will be the worst part of the day.

I'm quite sad I'm not going to this one, the Arbroath - Motherwell game (s) in the late 90 was probably my first "big" match as an Arbroath fan.  The crowds, the wind, the abandonment, getting a replay, seeing every police horse in Angus pulled into Arbroath for the rescheduled match, so many memories!

11 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I’ve read what the club say but really?  BBC highlights?  I don’t get it. Very disappointed there’s no international stream. 

I’d be surprised if we’re not streaming it ourselves. Especially if the BBC are piping in a feed to HQ- we even took our set up to Formartine a few years back. 

Ayr fan heading to this one since my train to Aberdeen is non-refundable. Got to say well done to Arbroath for making every effort to get this on. Same can’t be said for Cove. Soft spot for Motherwell but I’ll be supporting the red lichties.