Arbroath V Motherwell, 21.01.23

Neil86

Not seen a thread for this yet.

3000 tickets a very generous allocation, doubt we will be anywhere near selling it out, stranger things have happened though.

Probably quite an appealing day out for most, a New stadium (Certainly for me) Scottish cup, 3pm saturday, shame the team are miles off it.

Train was only £27 return which isn't too bad.

Edited by Neil86

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Where's the best place for breakfast at 1030am? Cafes etc? and what pubs are decent?

Barista on the high street is good for a breakfast. 5/10 mins walk from the high street. If you then walk back towards the train station you'll have The Station, West Port Bar, 1320, Millgate and then tutties all on the way to Gayfield. Station and West Port are right outside the train station so will probably be busy with other motherwell fans getting the train up, and station is usually busy with Arbroath fans on a Saturday as well. If you don't fancy doubling back to the train station you've got the pageant, newgate & commercial down that end of the town. There's absolutely loads of pubs within a 15 min walk of gayfield so you'll definitely find something to your taste

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Barista on the high street is good for a breakfast. 5/10 mins walk from the high street. If you then walk back towards the train station you'll have The Station, West Port Bar, 1320, Millgate and then tutties all on the way to Gayfield. Station and West Port are right outside the train station so will probably be busy with other motherwell fans getting the train up, and station is usually busy with Arbroath fans on a Saturday as well. If you don't fancy doubling back to the train station you've got the pageant, newgate & commercial down that end of the town. There's absolutely loads of pubs within a 15 min walk of gayfield so you'll definitely find something to your taste

I can count 12 pubs within 15 mins walk of Gayfield........any advance?

Forgot Tutties 🙃 13

Edited by keptie

17 hours ago, keptie said:

I can count 12 pubs within 15 mins walk of Gayfield........any advance?

Forgot Tutties 🙃 13

Tutties

millgate

ziggies

west port

station

lochlands

corner

st tams

fab

central

commercial

newgate

tutties

spoons

pageant 

shotz

And a couple of lodges for those that way inclined ... I'm not but still the cheapest nips in town :lol: 

Looking forward to the game albeit with the usual trepidation for our defence. It seems that Arbroath have added a few players with a bit of quality this window and their results and performances are starting to pick up. All we need 😉.

Although without tempting fate (which I actually am) it is our away form that has been acceptable this season. 

There are 7 of us getting the train from Edinburgh and 9 booked for lunch. So hopefully no rail strikes and the covers do their job for Arbroath and this weeks below freezing 🥶 weather…..

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Looking forward to the game albeit with the usual trepidation for our defence. It seems that Arbroath have added a few players with a bit of quality this window and their results and performances are starting to pick up. All we need 😉.

Although without tempting fate (which I actually am) it is our away from that has been acceptable this season. 

There are 7 of us getting the train from Edinburgh and 9 booked for lunch. So hopefully no rail strikes and the covers do their job for Arbroath and this weeks below freezing 🥶 weather…..

Covers were put down yesterday and are to be lifted on Friday evening 

4 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Weather looks okay this week, slightly cold but nothing too wild. Saturday is actually quite a mild 9 degrees.

Yea Iv no doubt the game will be on. It’s cold this morning but the covers should do the job. Hopefully the wind doesn’t ruin it