Five Greatest T V Moments

Ewanandmoreagain

On 19/01/2023 at 20:17, Cosmic Joe said:

Number 4 was, sadly yes. He died live on the telly. Surprisingly you can still see it on YouTube. 

Zola Budd was a controversial "UK" white athlete, adopted when South Africans were banned from the Olympic Games. 

It didn't end well

Sorry , I know who Zola Budd is / was , but why was she in your list ?

On 11/01/2023 at 20:35, tamthebam said:

The ones I remember I suppose

Liverpool v Arsenal English title decider 1989

Live Aid

Paul Daniels doing an escapology stunt where it appears he's drowned, Debbie and his son pretend to be worried, and he turns up in the background unharmed the little git

Bishop Brennan getting kicked up the arse

Sabrina's tits falling out on the Boys video 

Two

16 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Sorry , I know who Zola Budd is / was , but why was she in your list ?

It was an Olympic games and Budd accidently spiked a popular US athlete (Mary Decker?), causing her to fall. Much wailing, tears and snotters. 

Reminds me of another good yin. Kevin Keegan spectacularly falling off his bicycle in some celebrity contest (Superstars? ). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2023 at 12:55, Cosmic Joe said:

1   I think it was either Blue Peter or Go with Noakes. It involved young kids on scramblers. One came off his bike and two successive old codgers (first aiders) running across to assist fell on their arse. 

Junior Kickstart, commentator (Peter Purves hence Blue Peter confusion), almost pissed himself laughing

On 24/01/2023 at 13:17, Cosmic Joe said:

It was an Olympic games and Budd accidently spiked a popular US athlete (Mary Decker?), causing her to fall. Much wailing, tears and snotters. 

Reminds me of another good yin. Kevin Keegan spectacularly falling off his bicycle in some celebrity contest (Superstars? ). 

I thought I was bad !

• 2 months later...

The Borg-McEnroe Wimbledon final tie break (watched it live)

Sex Pistols on Bill Grundy (read about it later)

Kirk Gibson hitting a home run in the World Series (watched that live in Scotland at some ungodly hour)

Fawlty Towers episode where Basil takes a tree branch to punish his car (I almost died laughing at this)

Man walking on the moon for the first time(Too young here but reading about the Scottish psychiatrist RD Laing being drunk and shouting up, "Get the f**k off" made me smile)