SPFL 3 on the way

Other than a tweet from Darvel's coach, is there any actual substance to this?

Just the bigoted cheeks banging an empty bin again in their own interests.

If it's a sealed off league with no promotion or relegation I can't see the harm in it. If it's anything otherwise, as said a gazillion times by 90% of fans on here before, f**k off.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

They've tried to shoehorn the colts into L2 and it didn't work due to a (major) lack of support among lower league clubs. 

Trying to invent a new division to shoehorn colts into the league system won't work for the exact same reason. 

One club, one team.

Edited by microdave

22 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Whether it takes years or decades, the end goal of these b*****ds is to get Rangers and Celtic's B Teams permanently into the SPFL and in perpetual possession of the top 2 spots in the Scottish Championship,

We should do everything we can to delay and frustrate them

When you say 'we' I take it you mean supporters, as I wouldn't trust desperate club owners and Boards of Directors to make the right call on this.  And especially ours.

This concept really is the steaming turd that just won't flush.

I feel considerable sympathy for the fans of teams lower in the pyramid who oppose this with as much passion they do. Must be infuriating for their clubs to reject B teams only for the idea to keep floating to the surface with tedious regularity.

"They've already held talks". Good for them. I mean it's a complete waste of their time but they shouldn't let that stop them. 

As usual this will get booted around in the press for a few weeks before enough fans tell their clubs they won't be back and the idea dies about its 14th death before being rebirthed as something else next season and we can start this sham again. Imagine our top clubs put this amount of time and effort into something worthwhile. 

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

Whether it takes years or decades, the end goal of these b*****ds is to get Rangers and Celtic's B Teams permanently into the SPFL and in perpetual possession of the top 2 spots in the Scottish Championship,

We should do everything we can to delay and frustrate them

Incorrect. Top two positions in the Premiership, as they want to have the 'big teams' play in England.

Seemingly the proposal includes upping SPFL requirements from an entry level license to a bronze one which reads likes a sweetener to try & get lower league clubs on board given that only two (I think) non-league clubs are bronze. This will come to nothing just like the however many previous proposals have come before & serves as a reminder that reconstruction of any kind is very unlikely to happen as someone will bolt colts onto it.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If they did somehow manage to progress with a plan that involves the two turds getting their daft B/colt teams into the league system I’d absolutely chuck it and start watching the Vale. 

I'd have been tempted to do so also, but after the wee guy who acts as club secretary/social media/commercial dept/just about every other role at the Vale spat the dummy at me through the club twitter for saying "gosh they're losing a lot currently" (or words to that effect), accused me of wanting a refund on my player sponsorship and encouraging a pile on by players' families, they can fucking ram it. If I ever step foot in Millburn again it'll be with a wrecking ball.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Have you been listening to yourself? You are the only poster on this thread who has 'heard' of this, or may be in support.

Yep. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere reputable except a tweet from some neddy looking guy who coaches a rich man's play thing in non league.

Needless to say, if this gains any sort of serious traction then football supporters will once again have to unite in a show of defiance like we have done in days of old. We must take a stand against this evil until it is vanquished, never to be seen again.