Super Ayr Utd v Arbroath

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm going for sum of small push, small trip, tail gale-force gust got us that penalty. Soft but 'seen them given' type stuff.

We definitely need some reinforcements. 

If it’s your team your wanting it, but if it’s against, it absolutely isn’t 

1 hour ago, ecto said:

If it’s your team your wanting it, but if it’s against, it absolutely isn’t 

Agree. Little gave the ref a decision to make by putting his hand on JLM's back. This was clear to the ref from where he was standing. What was not clear was how much pressure Little actually exerted. Impossible to tell definitively, but almost any player at any level is going to go down in the circumstances. See it in the EPL every week and also very prevalent in the world cup. No doubt happens all the time in pub leagues as well.

1 hour ago, jm86 said:

Agree. Little gave the ref a decision to make by putting his hand on JLM's back. This was clear to the ref from where he was standing. What was not clear was how much pressure Little actually exerted. Impossible to tell definitively, but almost any player at any level is going to go down in the circumstances. See it in the EPL every week and also very prevalent in the world cup. No doubt happens all the time in pub leagues as well.

Exactly this

Now that I’ve almost thawed out from the North Terrace….

Mullin has to score that chance early second half when still 1-0

Arbroath played the conditions far better than us and looked way more threatening with the wind than we did.

We at least showed spirit to get back into it as I didn’t see an equaliser coming.

McGinty took his goal well and he has been better recently but his distribution is awful and he gives possession away almost every time he has the ball.

2 hours ago, jm86 said:

If Ricky gave away the penalty, why did Goldie get booked?

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

If Ricky gave away the penalty, why did Goldie get booked?

In the immediate aftermath he ran over to the ref, a wee bit too excited and ending up looking like he wanted a square go. Didn't mean it I don't think, just his momentum carried him into the ref and placed his hands on him.

Ref seemed to have let it go but I think he continued complaining and the card came out. Bit harsh I thought.

I think that's what is was anyway.

Edited by AuAl

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

In the immediate aftermath he ran over to the ref, a wee bit too excited and ending up looking like he wanted a square go. Didn't mean it I don't think, just his momentum carried him into the ref and placed his hands on him.

Ref seemed to have let it go but I think he continued complaining and the card came out. Bit harsh I thought.

OK, fair enough

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

He deserved a booking, his whole body language and the way he was pointing and shouting was always going to get a booking. 

Much like Dick Campbell, gets a booking, walks on to the pitch, shouts at the ref, gets a red 

4 hours ago, munro7 said:

Now that I’ve almost thawed out from the North Terrace….

Mullin has to score that chance early second half when still 1-0

Arbroath played the conditions far better than us and looked way more threatening with the wind than we did.

We at least showed spirit to get back into it as I didn’t see an equaliser coming.

McGinty took his goal well and he has been better recently but his distribution is awful and he gives possession away almost every time he has the ball.

Mcginty is honestly the worst player in Europe, He is absolutely honking 💩💩💩 I can’t decide who is worse, him or Cammy Kerr 🤣🤣🤣 Have both them won a competition to play for there clubs?

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

I like Ayr and there fans, Stadium, pretty much everything about them as they remind me of the west coast version of ourselves 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Beautiful traditional stadium with great fans and just a good vibe about them, I would probably support them if I lived down that way as they are my sort of team unlike them annoying disgusting cheating Kilmarnock b*****ds 🤣🤣🤣 (That Title was ours and they know it)

A draw in them conditions seems fair and credit to both clubs for trying but I think the penalty is really soft and Ayr’s second is such a poor goal to lose, I am sure most Ayr fans would agree us Lichties had the better chances and probably edged the game and deserved the 3 points but considering Ayr are in a title race 🏆 a point is still a great result and a brilliant point, All the best for the rest of the season guys and hopefully you win the title 🇱🇻⚽🔥

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He deserved a booking, his whole body language and the way he was pointing and shouting was always going to get a booking. 

Much like Dick Campbell, gets a booking, walks on to the pitch, shouts at the ref, gets a red 

I'm sure the Arbroath player in question actually gave the red a slight shove in the chest, could have been far worse.

34 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

If you are stupid enough to put two hands on someones back and push them when they are running across the box then you deserve a penalty against you.

Yeah but that’s not what happened, unless the definition of push has changed? 

As I already alluded to previously, Little gave the ref a decision to make. He put his hands on JLM's back. Only he and JLM know how much force he applied. Since JLM fell over the ref made the assumption he was actually pushed. Any forward is going to fall over if he feels a hand on his back in these circumstances. If it had been at the other end I suspect you would have been demanding a pen.

Unlike offside, penalties are a matter of informed opinion. Other refs might not have given it, or even Napier on another day. At the end of the day it was stupidity on Little's behalf. In the second half he rounded off a perfect day for himself by heading into his own net.

7 minutes ago, jm86 said:

As I already alluded to previously, Little gave the ref a decision to make. He put his hands on JLM's back. Only he and JLM know how much force he applied. Since JLM fell over the ref made the assumption he was actually pushed. Any forward is going to fall over if he feels a hand on his back in these circumstances. If it had been at the other end I suspect you would have been demanding a pen.

Unlike offside, penalties are a matter of informed opinion. Other refs might not have given it, or even Napier on another day. At the end of the day it was stupidity on Little's behalf. In the second half he rounded off a perfect day for himself by heading into his own net.

I really wouldn’t be demanding a penalty for that because I don’t think it was one? 

I don’t see how it’s stupidity either it’s a contact sport and players running with the ball or trying to win the ball back will come in contact with each other like that all the time. It’s really shite to see that given 

Bad decision to try clear that header mind you but that was just very unfortunate 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I really wouldn’t be demanding a penalty for that because I don’t think it was one? 

I don’t see how it’s stupidity either it’s a contact sport and players running with the ball or trying to win the ball back will come in contact with each other like that all the time. It’s really shite to see that given 

Bad decision to try clear that header mind you but that was just very unfortunate 

McGinty header is on target if Little makes no effort to put his head to the ball thats poor defending ridiculous to say its a bad decision just unfortunate it deflects past Gaston 

2 minutes ago, unknown1954 said:

McGinty header is on target if Little makes no effort to put his head to the ball thats poor defending ridiculous to say its a bad decision just unfortunate it deflects past Gaston 

Well it was a bad decision in hindsight because it was going straight into Gaston’s arms but yes he was very unfortunate and I’m not putting any blame on to him for that.