Super Ayr Utd v Arbroath

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

We were out doing work on the pitch this morning , a fair part of the pitch was extremely wet and sticky , there was no way you were going to be able to play any decent football on the ground 

I don't think anyone is expecting tiki-taka, but historically very good football players have been capable of putting in performances on fields resembling the Somme. It's a terrible excuse for hoofing it in hurricane weather which is even less effective.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It wasn’t a dive at all. Was right behind the goal and he was clearly tripped. 

The Arbroath players were contesting absolutely bizarre stuff today but it was absolutely a penalty. 

Clearly been spending too much time around the chuckle brothers. Paranoid from the bench and on the park 😂

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It wasn’t a dive at all. Was right behind the goal and he was clearly tripped. 

The Arbroath players were contesting absolutely bizarre stuff today but it was absolutely a penalty. 

45 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Someone has the highlights up on you tube already , looks like a slight push to me , if going to watch the highlights  I suggest you turn your volume right down as nearly deafened me 

A trip AND a push?

It’s obviously a penalty as Little is a big standard centre half and couldn’t do anything but foul Mitchell-Lawson. Not hard to understand. 

Also, we’ve been saying for years about how players play in windy conditions. Ultimately we’re talking about limited footballers who don’t really know how to “keep it on the deck” at all times. Heard a few folk around me saying that a defender had to give Albinson a short option. All that happens then is Arbroath press, the ball goes back to Albinson who has to hoof it away under pressure. Most players at this level can’t play under pressure so have to go long. We’ve maybe got a handful of players who don’t get fazed by it and two of them were injured today. The game was always going to be a lottery and the only thing we could’ve done differently was test Gaston from range more. Set pieces were fine and we created enough chances over the 90 minutes to win it. We missed two great chances right before they equalised and then Gaston makes a good save right afterwards. 

We didn’t play well but I think the weather was a clear factor in that but we were still able to look decent enough going forward at times.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s obviously a penalty as Little is a big standard centre half and couldn’t do anything but foul Mitchell-Lawson. Not hard to understand. 

Also, we’ve been saying for years about how players play in windy conditions. Ultimately we’re talking about limited footballers who don’t really know how to “keep it on the deck” at all times. Heard a few folk around me saying that a defender had to give Albinson a short option. All that happens then is Arbroath press, the ball goes back to Albinson who has to hoof it away under pressure. Most players at this level can’t play under pressure so have to go long. We’ve maybe got a handful of players who don’t get fazed by it and two of them were injured today. The game was always going to be a lottery and the only thing we could’ve done differently was test Gaston from range more. Set pieces were fine and we created enough chances over the 90 minutes to win it. We missed two great chances right before they equalised and then Gaston makes a good save right afterwards. 

We didn’t play well but I think the weather was a clear factor in that but we were still able to look decent enough going forward at times.

Absolutely this - playing it short from the back would be unbelievably stupid. Arbroath just press right up the park as it is impossible to pose any direct threat in behind because of the wind. Pressing us always a bit of a risk as you expose yourself to a more direct approach, but it isn’t in those conditions. 

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Trip or a push?

I would say push , but very soft and would complain if it was against us to be honest , makes up for the handball that all our players claimed for but the excuse of a referee waved away 

Edited by Finlay21