Super Ayr Utd v Arbroath

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

As per usual, when we actually get it down and pass it we get forward, however why we kept punting it up the park today, particularly in the second half I’ll never know. 

We should have been home and dry (maybe not dry) after the first half with some real good chances, and also with some good chances before their first goal. Albison made a cracking save in the first half to keep it 0-0. 

Our second goal was definitely an own goal, massive deflection off the head of the Arbroath player. 

I’ll absolutely take the point with those conditions, and I’m looking forward to the cup next weekend. 

We were out doing work on the pitch this morning , a fair part of the pitch was extremely wet and sticky , there was no way you were going to be able to play any decent football on the ground 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That was a hard watch today. Even if you had travelled from north of Arbroath today at a cost of hundreds, you wouldn’t have complained if that had been stopped at some point.

Ayr had most of the play in the first half due to the wind but probably created less chances than Arbroath. Ayr got a penalty that looked very soft to say the least. 
During the 9 attempts to take the penalty, I think the referee should have stopped the game. Before Ayr scored and it caused a complication. It had became a farce by that point.

All credit to Dempsey for scoring it though after all that. 

The referee was pretty poor and his over dramatic gestures annoyed more than informed the crowd and players. There was a bad tackle on McKenzie in the corner and a bad tackle by McCallister in front of the Arbroath fans that he ignored. 

Arbroath used the wind better and knew how to hem us in during the second half, we were poor and continued our run of creating very little chances. 

Totally, it was his demeanour and attitude and just over dramatising everything. I thought most refs had got rid of that shite. Annoying 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely mortified for people looking at a still photo and attempting it to use it as evidence of a dive…

It wasn’t a dive at all. Was right behind the goal and he was clearly tripped. 

The Arbroath players were contesting absolutely bizarre stuff today but it was absolutely a penalty. 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Desperation makes you do....desperate things.

It's total deflection/whataboutery on my part but I wonder how he feels about time wasting - Gaston or getting in the referees face - Dick. I have a word for that as well...

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It wasn’t a dive at all. Was right behind the goal and he was clearly tripped. 

The Arbroath players were contesting absolutely bizarre stuff today but it was absolutely a penalty. 

I didn’t think it was a dive either, but happy to stand corrected if shown some proper evidence - not a fucking still photo!

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We were out doing work on the pitch this morning , a fair part of the pitch was extremely wet and sticky , there was no way you were going to be able to play any decent football on the ground 

I’m not saying we should have been playing silky football on the deck for the full game, but when we did get it down we got into good positions. It’s been like that all season. 

At least the surface will get a rest until the Partick home game in February, or maybe the week before in the cup. Massive respect to all staff involved getting the surface ready for the last two weeks, all things considered it’s been a carpet compared to other grounds, Hampden included which was a total mess today.

41 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Ground unfit to play football, so play head tennis. Score stands at Deuce.

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'll wait for the highlights to see the whole incident. It doesn't make sense to take a still image and then judge someone to be a cheat imo.

Have to agree with this. That photo makes it look like a dive but there could easily have been a trip or the dreaded “contact” prior to that. Unfortunately it doesn’t take much in the modern game for a player to go down but it it could also easily have been a blatant foul.

Got to see more footage or photo’s to be able to make a proper judgement.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely mortified for people looking at a still photo and attempting it to use it as evidence of a dive…

Someone has the highlights up on you tube already , looks like a slight push to me , if going to watch the highlights  I suggest you turn your volume right down as nearly deafened me 

Edited by Finlay21

12 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Looked a dive from where I was. Quite a clear dive. Was amazed the ref fell for it. 

Given the angle the Arbroath fans would’ve been viewing from id say it’s next to impossible to judge whether it’s a penalty or not.