Super Ayr Utd v Arbroath

Didnt see a match day thread up yet, so impatiently started one. 

3pm at Somerset. We've be toiling in recent weeks but got the win v Hamilton to remain at the upper echelons of the league. Arbroath certainly not the team they were last season but always seem to pose us problems. Another 1-0 imo

Arbroath had looked to have took a step forward with the result away to Dundee but then getting pumped the following week to Inverness looked like 2 steps back.

See Arbroath have lost a couple of players this week to which will be a further blow to them. 

Should be a home win but lots thought we'd thrash Hamilton and look what happened so i think it'll be more of the same, especially with a week of rain meaning the pitch won't be any better. 

Aye pitch wasn't in the best nick on Saturday there, so this week's forecast doesn't look promising. 

I think if we did win it would be another narrow victory. Would be great to get another three points, with the next league game being against Cove, on paper it's a good chance to pick another 6. With the performance from Saturday in mind however, I'm not sure.

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Is there a genuine chance this could be off? Might be a godsend for us. 

Being an away game we shouldn’t get totally pumped 

There was a last minute pitch inspection for Saturday that was said to be 50/50, the pitch wasn't great and it hasn't stopped raining since and forecast for the rest of the week is rain (It is torrential today).  Would be very surprised if this went ahead.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Ayr United P-P Arbroath.  If the game on Saturday was in doubt, 6 days of constant rain will put this off.

Yeah i fear the worst, absolute pissing down the day and most of yesterday, imagine if you were to rock up at Somerset this afternoon the pitch will be waterlogged.

Unless the get someone in to verti drain it but difficult to do that when the pitch is already flooded and you need to put any form of machinery on the pitch, will just ruin the grass...

Edited by rb123!

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can only hope the high winds will help "dry" out the pitch. I think theres no rain forecast for Fri. Just hope it's not another late decision by the ref. Would be a shitter for the Arbroath fans to travel so far and the game to be called off late 

BBC weather forecast is rain through to Sunday.

Didn't we have a really late call off against Arbroath a few years ago? Possibly due to high winds... What a shit journey home that would be!

AccuWeather forecast has some ridiculous wind gusts forecast as well, I doubt this will be on. 

21 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Didn't we have a really late call off against Arbroath a few years ago? Possibly due to high winds... What a shit journey home that would be!

AccuWeather forecast has some ridiculous wind gusts forecast as well, I doubt this will be on. 

Game got called off at half time a few years ago at Gayfield, must've been one of the last games before the pandemic 

49 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

That was one of the best days out for the football I can mind.  Whole day was absolutely carnage and just right good fun.  Trains in the way up were fucked and we got stuck outside Edinburgh so had to run about getting replacement carry out when we changed. Lots of chaos and good fun that day. 

Match never got rearranged due to Covid.  

Spoiler

And St Pauli win the Derby on the way up too. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That was one of the best days out for the football I can mind.  Whole day was absolutely carnage and just right good fun.  Trains in the way up were fucked and we got stuck outside Edinburgh so had to run about getting replacement carry out when we changed. Lots of chaos and good fun that day. 

Match never got rearranged due to Covid.  

Hide contents

And St Pauli win the Derby on the way up too. 

I remember that day. We also got fucked about by trains on the way up. Think we ended up having got 2 trains and 3 replacement buses by the time we got to Arbroath. Only for it to be called off at HT. 

I seem to remember it shouldn't really have started, but at half time Arbroath hadn't really taken advantage of the wind with the score at 1-1. It was a bit of a farce but I was of the opinion that if we played the first half we might as well play the 2nd (we also would have had the wind). Dick Campbell was having none of it and was in the refs ear about calling it off as soon as the half time whistle went.

Was postponed and we jumped on a train to Dundee for what turned out to be a great night out. We were lucky that a mate stays up there. Last big away day before COVID. A solid 9.5/10.

A game game for JML as he only ever seems to play well against Arbroath.

Dreadful game, Ayr will concede the midfield and resort to chipping high balls to Akinyemi due to the waterlogged pitch, playing straight in to Arbroath’s hands. 0-0 

Dundee and Queens Park both lose.