Doha

29 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Got 4 days stay when coming home from Australia, any recommendations?

If you  like big buildings and great food - at a price - then Doha is great.  It has no social or cultural merit.

Edit:  The entire Gulf region is dull AF unless you're interested in eating, shopping and whoring.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye, wasn't holding out much hope. The idea of a Dubai type holiday has never appealed but the deal offered was basically a free* 3 night holiday and after 3 weeks staying with the wife's sister it seemed I'd need a holiday, 3 days lounging by the pool with the wee boy and eating it is then 

*After harrying them for 10% discount on flights 

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

The gold souk you can pass an evening in.The old city is ok to wander about in ( not the one you saw on tv at the wc) Been a few years since I worked there but still have a couple of contacts there that tell me I must return as there lots more to do now and it's more "tourist" friendly.Highly recommend a desert safari in the land cruiser jeeps and they normally include dinner out in the desert.The metro is cheap as chips and is really good for getting around and if you are traveling with young ones a hotel with a pool and sounds mad for 4 days but see if they have an all inclusive or breakfast/ dinner rate it will save you a fortune as cheapest pint you will find is at the education city golf club around £6-7 

Forgot to mention if you go to the golf club you need to be a member or get signed in but one of the staff will sort you out on that front 😉

Edited by doulikefish

On 09/01/2023 at 16:33, The_Kincardine said:

If you  like big buildings and great food - at a price - then Doha is great.  It has no social or cultural merit.

Edit:  The entire Gulf region is dull AF unless you're interested in eating, shopping and whoring.

This is maybe true of the Eastern Gulf, but the Western Gulf has a good deal of cultural and historical merit.