🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v Queen's Park 🕷🕷

What happened to the tannoy in the North stand.

And what a poor turnout by QP fans of less than 100, if that's there support when top table??...................................................................................

Edited by SandyCromarty

10 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I said the same when I had seen them play us at Dens. We had won 3-0 on the day but they play some really good and fast paced football that caused us a load of problems. 

I checked the scores at full time and couldn't believe this had finished with no goals in it...

Tbh, that, as I said earlier, was the best passing and movement I've seen for a very long time in this league and what we are sadly lacking up front, if only we had the likes of Murray and Savoury alone.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And what a poor turnout by QP fans of less than 100, if that's there support when top table??...................................................................................

How many away fans did you expect to be there? We don't have a big support in general, it's January so everyone is skint, and we're back up again next week so I'd imagine a lot of people will have chosen one or the other. Not to mention the fact that we also had Cove away last week, and we're up at Dens too before the end of the month!

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

League Cup semi games this wknd where they can support their city 'big teams'

18 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

How many away fans did you expect to be there? We don't have a big support in general, it's January so everyone is skint, and we're back up again next week so I'd imagine a lot of people will have chosen one or the other. Not to mention the fact that we also had Cove away last week, and we're up at Dens too before the end of the month!

Did Gretna not put on buses for fans paid for by the club or is that part of the blue print being held back til Premiership football?

Happy enough with a point. Looking back at the highlights, both teams could of won it but Kilday should of buried that chance at the end. Anyone else and that’s probably resulting in a goal. Unbelievable save from Ferrie yet again who continues to get better and better. His shot stopping ability is outrageous at this level and has saved us on countless occasions this season. Easily man of the match. Had Ayr and Morton both picked up wins, I’d be slightly more frustrated with a draw but if you asked me going into January having cove and Inverness away, alongside an inform thistle that you’d get 7 points from 9, I’d of bit your hand off for that outcome. 

Can’t say I thought much of Inverness. They edged it first half and looked organised at the back but there’s not really much else there that suggests they’re promotion material at all. Screams of mid table mediocrity or at the best, the final play off spot if Ayr and Morton fall off

Sets up the Dundee game in a couple weeks really nicely and all the pressure will be on them as we didn’t expect to be in the position we’re in currently. They’ve got a game in hand over us against thistle but I’d rather have points on the board instead of playing catch-up. If we get 4 points or more from Dundee and Ayr, that’s when I’ll really back us to win the league 

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Not to mention Stenhousemuir. 

Good set of highlights those. Didn't realise that the Queens lad actually trod on the ball when he was only a few yards out after the wayward Murray effort. Also hadn't noticed that brutal bit of defending between Welsh and Devine who both failed to clear the ball and also gifted a goal to QP. It really could have finished about 5 - 5 yesterday.

On 15/01/2023 at 11:02, qpfc said:

Happy enough with a point. Looking back at the highlights, both teams could of won it but Kilday should of buried that chance at the end. Anyone else and that’s probably resulting in a goal. Unbelievable save from Ferrie yet again who continues to get better and better. His shot stopping ability is outrageous at this level and has saved us on countless occasions this season. Easily man of the match. Had Ayr and Morton both picked up wins, I’d be slightly more frustrated with a draw but if you asked me going into January having cove and Inverness away, alongside an inform thistle that you’d get 7 points from 9, I’d of bit your hand off for that outcome. 

Can’t say I thought much of Inverness. They edged it first half and looked organised at the back but there’s not really much else there that suggests they’re promotion material at all. Screams of mid table mediocrity or at the best, the final play off spot if Ayr and Morton fall off

Sets up the Dundee game in a couple weeks really nicely and all the pressure will be on them as we didn’t expect to be in the position we’re in currently. They’ve got a game in hand over us against thistle but I’d rather have points on the board instead of playing catch-up. If we get 4 points or more from Dundee and Ayr, that’s when I’ll really back us to win the league 

Fair assessment of us with the players available at the moment.

Worth bearing in mind we are missing 7 starting players, including Scott Allardice and Robbie Deas who are two of the best players in the division.

24 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Fair assessment of us with the players available at the moment.

Worth bearing in mind we are missing 7 starting players, including Scott Allardice and Robbie Deas who are two of the best players in the division.

Are we though? Deas would come back in at centre back and Allardice at centre midfield but the only other one coming back from injury and possibly starting is Harper replacing Doran.

You could make arguments for Samuels, MacGregor etc starting when they come back but I’m not sure if they are actually better than what we have starting games right now.

Apart from them we’ve probably played our strongest team in the last 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Are we though? Deas would come back in at centre back and Allardice at centre midfield but the only other one coming back from injury and possibly starting is Harper replacing Doran.

You could make arguments for Samuels, MacGregor etc starting when they come back but I’m not sure if they are actually better than what we have starting games right now.

Apart from them we’ve probably played our strongest team in the last 3 weeks.

Aye but imagine a bench with Allardice, Harper, Deas, MacGregor and Samuels ready to come on rather than the likes of Oakley and Boyd and a few laddies. And no disrespect to Hyde, admittedly he’s been better recently, but he’s not ready to be starting every week.

Edited by The Mantis

46 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Aye but imagine a bench with Allardice, Harper, Deas, MacGregor and Samuels ready to come on rather than the likes of Oakley and Boyd and a few laddies. And no disrespect to Hyde, admittedly he’s been better recently, but he’s not ready to be starting every week.

Yeah I do agree with the strength in depth off the bench but that’s not missing 7 starters.

I like Hyde and think he has good potential but aye he’s not ready yet.

I thought Hyde did okay on Saturday. He seemed to be pushed up slightly ahead of Welsh but when he tired the two appeared to swap roles. A decent outing but I feel that Allardice (obviously) and MacGregor are stronger options. 

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Aye but imagine a bench with Allardice, Harper, Deas, MacGregor and Samuels ready to come on rather than the likes of Oakley and Boyd and a few laddies.

We really would benefit from option that carry a goal threat returning soon as I feel Oakley & Boyd could probably play forever and struggle to score