🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v Queen's Park 🕷🕷

Did Bobby Mann miss a last minute penalty in that game? I have fading memories of him pulling a spot kick wide and we lost the game as a result. Could be getting confused with another match though. 

Edited by RiG
Fat fingers.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Did Bobby Mann miss a last minute penalty in that game>? I have fading memories of him pulling a spot kick wide and we lost the game as a result. Could be getting confused with another match though. 

There was a last minute penalty but as I recall Bobby Mann smacked it off the post.

Ally Graham scored the winner for us in front of a small band of travelling fans, I think it was an uncovered terracing behind the goal back then.

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

There was a last minute penalty but as I recall Bobby Mann smacked it off the post.

Ally Graham scored the winner for us in front of a small band of travelling fans, I think it was an uncovered terracing behind the goal back then.

Yeah it would have been uncovered terracing. I was behind the goal where the penalty was to be taken and I was sure he pulled it wide. Maybe it clipped the base of the post actually? I do recall us being absolutely stinking that evening though.

That Queens Park game was Barry Wilson's second debut for us.  I remember going along thinking it was going to be great, that we'd see Wilson tearing apart a lower league team - nope.

The first ever Caley league game I went to was a 4-0 home defeat to Queen's Park at Telford Street.

Edited by ICTChris

Jeezo, there is some nonsense on this thread right enough.

I thought that last week would have provided a sterner test for our young and inexperienced side. This week and the following two games will undoubtedly be closer affairs.

3-2 for the QP this Saturday with the (even) Younger QP winning the Cup-tie the following week.        

1 minute ago, CathcartSkins said:

I thought that last week would have provided a sterner test for our young and inexperienced side. This week and the following two games will undoubtedly be closer affairs.

3-2 for the QP this Saturday with the (even) Younger QP winning the Cup-tie the following week.        

More nonsense.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Booby Mann - We were giving him some stick on one forum and his police woman wife came on vehemently defending him.

Embarrassing for the big man.

Great stalwart for the club.

Is he still in fitba?

I think he's a taxi driver in Dundee.

34 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

That's what happens when teams play each other so often, including back-to-back fixtures

Cup next week, another league meeting still to come and possibly the play-offs too.........................7 meetings in a single season.

43 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Booby Mann - We were giving him some stick on one forum and his police woman wife came on vehemently defending him.

Embarrassing for the big man.

Great stalwart for the club.

Is he still in fitba?

Had a good blether with him in the Westport Bar, the day Arbroath walloped us 3-0. If he was in any sport these days it would be darts sadly 😂

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Had a good blether with him in the Westport Bar, the day Arbroath walloped us 3-0. If he was in any sport these days it would be darts sadly 😂

Thanks Mantis, mind you he's probably making more money in the taxis now.

He was always a determined winner.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

Yeah It could have been the strongest side available as I don't know what the situation was with David Bingham or Charlie Christie at the time, they were missing from the starting 11 and not on the bench and Grant Munro had yet to establish himself as a first team player. I assumed with Christie and Bingham missing. Must have been the time Richard Hastings was out playing in Belgium at the time as well.

If we talk about legends playing for Inverness many of these players come to mind and that team, the players that took us up to the SPL and handed out giant killings while we were still underdogs. There was also a spirit about the team, which made this result so disappointing. It would have been a valuable lesson learned though.

Aye Charlie turned 38 the following March so he hardly appeared that season. Bingham was a new signing but quickly became a first pick. First saw him when we crushed Gretna 5-0 away in the CC. He was at Whitehill Welfare with Stevie Hislop as co managers and I had a few chats with him. One of the nicest blokes you could ever meet, and did a bit of fund raising for charity.

A lot of talk of this ''sky high spirit'' within the team maybe just maybe it can translate into a huge win for us.

Sadly I won't be at this potential championship decider due to work commitments, but I will be quietly confident that we finally have the ammunition to burst the Queen's Park bubble and charge up the table.

11 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

A lot of talk of this ''sky high spirit'' within the team maybe just maybe it can translate into a huge win for us.

Sadly I won't be at this potential championship decider due to work commitments, but I will be quietly confident that we finally have the ammunition to burst the Queen's Park bubble and charge up the table.

maybe-but-hopefully-not-natalie-starkey.gif.f40cbb165248eaed8439da297725385f.gif

11 hours ago, The Mantis said:

To be fair he was carrying a fair bit of weight when he was playing. We used to treat him like a roundabout. But he was a decent player, even in his more "expansive" days.

18 hours ago, approximately dave said:

The Rovers did that last night.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Rovers did that last night.

Not where it matters to us though.

I would have preferred them to have won so they add to their fixtures to pile on more pressure see if they can handle it.

Fatigue from a long season should not be such an issue for us.