🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v Queen's Park 🕷🕷

Ahh how could I forget how bizzare some Inverness fans are on this. I mind the thread after the first game of the season when they actually suggested they had a better team than us even though we could of easily been about 3-0 up at half time. Even the game at ochilview, they were rancid. Enjoy mid table obscurity folks 

Edited by qpfc

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sheepshaggers us??????

You do know that QP was first based on Clincart Farm which kept pigs.

Look it up.

But we knocked it down for fun, because we could. Just to make people cry. That’s how big we are. 

I hate to inject a positive note into this chat but I am thoroughly looking forward to a weekend in Inverness. Travelling up on Friday & returning Sunday. Had a cracking weekend in July last time we played there & clearly the Caley fans that frequent the pubs are much less bitter than the ones posting on here.

Big game for both teams who are scoring for fun at the moment - if we win, we can go to Dens Park knowing a defeat will still have us on top of the league.

11 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I hate to inject a positive note into this chat but I am thoroughly looking forward to a weekend in Inverness. Travelling up on Friday & returning Sunday. Had a cracking weekend in July last time we played there & clearly the Caley fans that frequent the pubs are much less bitter than the ones posting on here.

Big game for both teams who are scoring for fun at the moment - if we win, we can go to Dens Park knowing a defeat will still have us on top of the league.

Just don’t say anything that might be misinterpreted as factual or in anyway taken seriously. 

In their current eight game winning run Queen's Park have scored 28 goals and conceded 4.  Simon Murray has scored ten goals (four in the last game), Grant Savoury and Dom Thomas have scored six each in that run.

So if we just stop their three most dangerous players scoring we should have a chance to win. 

In all seriousness, we’re playing extremely well and performing to a level that has exceeded everyone’s expectations. I also know that we’re going to lose sometime. 

It would be an enormous three points if we could do it. We’re going to Dens Park top of the league, regardless of whether we win or not. Going there four clear would put the squeeze on Dundee. Even if we lose on Saturday and in the following league game at Dens, you’d better believe I’d have taken two points off top of the league at the end of January. 

We’re playing with freedom and the pressure is all on the team(s) who expected to be having a pop at the title. It’s a nice place to be. 

4 hours ago, an86 said:

In all seriousness, we’re playing extremely well and performing to a level that has exceeded everyone’s expectations. I also know that we’re going to lose sometime. 

It would be an enormous three points if we could do it. We’re going to Dens Park top of the league, regardless of whether we win or not. Going there four clear would put the squeeze on Dundee. Even if we lose on Saturday and in the following league game at Dens, you’d better believe I’d have taken two points off top of the league at the end of January. 

We’re playing with freedom and the pressure is all on the team(s) who expected to be having a pop at the title. It’s a nice place to be. 

Ayr could be top, they are playing on the Friday night before we go to Dens.

23 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Billy Dodds goalfest promotion wagon has left the station.  Next stop the Premiership.  Choo Choo.

or

We've beaten a load of shitey duffers and the big money Hampdenites are going to bum us.

Found our level by beating part time sides

My first experience of watching a Queen's Park side taking on Inverness CT was in the CIS Cup in 2003. The experience was a first for me in being on the wrong end of a giant killing. Robbo rested some of our best players but still it should have been a strong enough side enough to see off a plucky 3rd Division side. We were absolute dog shit complacent and the 2-1 defeat flattered us, it easily could have been worse. I don't think anyone cared at the end about our penalty miss at the end, we were shocking and Queen's Park deserved the win. Having to watch through fingers everytime they countered with pace.

DSC_0118.thumb.JPG.bf946ca7192c4078149c939fac0dc0bb.JPGDSC_0119.thumb.JPG.050c67fe0d8b19f6467db35ebe01e65a.JPG

Been to Hampden a few times on my football travels to watch a Queen's Park game, liked the tablet from the club shop and bought some merchandise for the collection.

9 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

My first experience of watching a Queen's Park side taking on Inverness CT was in the CIS Cup in 2003. The experience was a first for me in being on the wrong end of a giant killing. Robbo rested some of our best players but still it should have been a strong enough side enough to see off a plucky 3rd Division side. We were absolute dog shit complacent and the 2-1 defeat flattered us, it easily could have been worse. I don't think anyone cared at the end about our penalty miss at the end, we were shocking and Queen's Park deserved the win. Having to watch through fingers everytime they countered with pace.

Checking the team I wouldn’t say anybody was rested tbh. I wasn’t there but I remember it. We even took the lead through Paul Ritchie which is often where complacency sets in, e.g. Crusaders recently or Brechin this season. But this was the team which won the Challenge Cup and the League, and got to a Scottish Cup semi-final replay, possibly the best ICT team ever apart from 2015.

11 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Checking the team I wouldn’t say anybody was rested tbh. I wasn’t there but I remember it. We even took the lead through Paul Ritchie which is often where complacency sets in, e.g. Crusaders recently or Brechin this season. But this was the team which won the Challenge Cup and the League, and got to a Scottish Cup semi-final replay, possibly the best ICT team ever apart from 2015.

Yeah It could have been the strongest side available as I don't know what the situation was with David Bingham or Charlie Christie at the time, they were missing from the starting 11 and not on the bench and Grant Munro had yet to establish himself as a first team player. I assumed with Christie and Bingham missing. Must have been the time Richard Hastings was out playing in Belgium at the time as well.

If we talk about legends playing for Inverness many of these players come to mind and that team, the players that took us up to the SPL and handed out giant killings while we were still underdogs. There was also a spirit about the team, which made this result so disappointing. It would have been a valuable lesson learned though.