How much is your MP pocketing?

Clown Job

About £35,000 in gifts and donations from News Corp. Wonder what that buys you these days?

Wasn't Neil Hamilton's going rate £2,000 for a question asked in parliament?

Just now, BFTD said:

About £35,000 in gifts and donations from News Corp. Wonder what that buys you these days?

Wasn't Neil Hamilton's going rate £2,000 for a question asked in parliament?

David Amess got a grand off Brass Eye for raising the question about cake. 

Edited by carpetmonster
Fat fingers

30 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

David Amess got a grand off Brass Eye for raising the question about cake. 

The worst part isn't the corruption, it's how cheaply they can be bought.

Like finding out your missus has been cheating on you with the Greenock Catman.

16 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Unfortunately, because I reject all cookies on the site privacy options, I can't use it.

image.png.a90daa5b0a548353650963351c87d23e.png

As a point of principle, if the site doesn't work when I reject cookies, then I don't use it.

Incognito mode.

At what point does a donation move from being a gift to a party that you share a political outlook with (for example giving to the SNP because you support independence), to being a bribe that is intended to get politicians to make changes that will directly benefit you?

4 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

At what point does a donation move from being a gift to a party that you share a political outlook with (for example giving to the SNP because you support independence), to being a bribe that is intended to get politicians to make changes that will directly benefit you?

Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that the £35,000 my SNP MP took from News Corp wasn't due to the Murdoch's love of Scottish independence.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

image.png.c07799c6d205bc9215101560f1a9e663.png

No context Aberdeen FC.

£200 will be his going rate for maintaining an even-handed level of shitness while running the line.

23 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

In all seriousness surely that’s a conflict of interest? 

It's "earnings", apparently. I wonder what DRoss would get out of bed to do for Aberdeen in exchange for £200.

What do you bet the excuse would be that £200 is such pocket change that no corruption could possibly have taken place.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's "earnings", apparently. I wonder what DRoss would get out of bed to do for Aberdeen in exchange for £200.

What do you bet the excuse would be that £200 is such pocket change that no corruption could possibly have taken place.

If they are wanting him to tilt it so they win the league, they will obviously have to offer more.

Expect it to go up to £220.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

He's a Tory, he'd stab his own gran for a fiver.

There are more serious issues involved her than the obvious bribe that Aberdeen gave to DRoss.

Westminster Accounts: Middlemen, brokers, and clients – who really pays MPs for their other jobs? | Politics News | Sky News

ETA. I am obviously joking when referring to the £200 as a bribe. Just in cases Div gets the lawyers on him. 😀

Edited by Suspect Device

For there Aberdeen situation  I'm pretty sure this is nothing (more just wishful thinking).

Here is the specific rule about payments to referee's and assistant referee's in the SPFL rules and regulations book.

698989389_Screenshot_20230109_102110_AcrobatforSamsung.thumb.jpg.f6abd64faf73410ea010b77920979a46.jpg

I'm not a legal expert but I'm pretty sure this means it's not against the rules.