29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Even really good teams, like Liverpool and City, flounder when they use their squad. This 'big picture' mood in our camp is a bit too Old Firm for me. What happens if we get through...do we play the underlings again in a semi?

It looks like we might get away with it if Raith Rovers are as under strength as they seem to be, but aye it's an odd position to be in.

I'd be really keen for us to keep this winning streak up. Having said that, only six times in 30-odd years has the team that's won the Challenge Cup gone on to win the league that same season (Rangers in 2016, Ross County in 2019, Falkirk in 2005 and 1994, Caley Thistle in 2004 and St Mirren in 2006).

2 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It looks like we might get away with it if Raith Rovers are as under strength as they seem to be, but aye it's an odd position to be in.

I'd be really keen for us to keep this winning streak up. Having said that, only six times in 30-odd years has the team that's won the Challenge Cup gone on to win the league that same season (Rangers in 2016, Ross County in 2019, Falkirk in 2005 and 1994, Caley Thistle in 2004 and St Mirren in 2006).

Sure this must have been discussed before but do the QP fans think they're ready for the step up? I know someone inside the club and the feeling is it's a wee bit early in their plan.

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Sure this must have been discussed before but do the QP fans think they're ready for the step up? I know someone inside the club and the feeling is it's a wee bit early in their plan.

It is only a "wee bit early" due to the total incompetence of some of those "inside the club". I bet your source would not say that to the playing staff.

26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Too early for me, nae fans, nae ground. I would want us to do ourselves proud as a whole club if we were to go up i.e. good away day, well organised outfit, everyone pulling in the same direction. 

Also recognise that this year might be as good a chance as any, so it's tricky! 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Yes let's stop all this winning/tidy football and general good feeling and lapse into mediocrity to save the folk 'inside the club' from any kind of embarrassment !

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So with Millen and Spencer named as our additional injuries, and with Greig Young cup-tied and Jamie MacDonald being rested, where does that leave us?

McNeil in goals, probably a back three of Dick, Nolan and Lang, Brown and probably Easton in central midfield, Connolly and maybe McBride out wide, and then Vaughan behind a front two of Gullan and Connell. Subs Frederiksen and Masson.

Can't see any other formation we can adopt with what we've got. 

Can’t read the article, but if that’s Millen and Spencer nicked, not good. You don’t mention Mahady, is there any mention of him? And is Connell re-signed, his contract expired yesterday.

Any how (assuming Connell not re-signed):

McNeil

Lang/Nolan/Dick

Connolly/Brown/Easton/Vaughan

Gullan/Frederiksen/Mitchell

Bench: MacDonald, McBride, Mahady, Masson

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm ready (this may be related to me having a tenner on us to be champions at 50-1)

Not sure it's ever too early to go up. The ability to hold on to key players is much enhanced with the financial benefits of promotion.

Staying in the championship leaves you at risk of losing a few key players to clubs in Premier League or Leagues 1 and 2 in England and having to find replacements in a more challenging market.

Queens are easily the best side I have seen this season, they should be going for the title all guns blazing.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Even really good teams, like Liverpool and City, flounder when they use their squad. This 'big picture' mood in our camp is a bit too Old Firm for me. What happens if we get through...do we play the underlings again in a semi?

I get it & normally I'd agree but with the run of games coming up, I get the logic of playing a "reserve" side.

I'm also keen to see how some of the benchwarmers perform given an opportunity.

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

It is only a "wee bit early" due to the total incompetence of some of those "inside the club". I bet your source would not say that to the playing staff.

What I've been told is that the club have a 9 year plan with Champions League attendance matches mentioned. Something to do with a Dutch guy who came on board? Can't remember his name. Apparently the player recruitment plan, especially at youth level is done using a rubric which includes cognitive scores etc. The thought was that promotion would come in the next 2-3 seasons.

54 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Yes let's stop all this winning/tidy football and general good feeling and lapse into mediocrity to save the folk 'inside the club' from any kind of embarrassment !

Exactly! That clown Coyle’s ruining the place. As for the skinny, ginger one, get him tae…..

25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What I've been told is that the club have a 9 year plan with Champions League attendance matches mentioned. Something to do with a Dutch guy who came on board? Can't remember his name. Apparently the player recruitment plan, especially at youth level is done using a rubric which includes cognitive scores etc. The thought was that promotion would come in the next 2-3 seasons.

Marijn Beuker. Came from AZ Alkmaar. They have a ridiculously high percentage of young players - 12-18yo - who make the first team. They call it the talent factory. 

https://soccerment.com/az-alkmaar-talent-factory/

34 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I get it & normally I'd agree but with the run of games coming up, I get the logic of playing a "reserve" side.

I'm also keen to see how some of the benchwarmers perform given an opportunity.

I’ll be okay with the hopefuls starting the game and if they’re getting humped at half time Coyle will have learned a lot, especially with the transfer window open. I’ll also be okay if they are humping Raith. But If it’s 1-1 with 15 mins to go though…will he have a C team on the bench or some of the big stuff?