Owen Coyle suggesting he’ll “change the whole team” for this one. Seems a bit radical but we do have a hefty month of travel and games. We’ll see. Either way I’m expecting Raith to throw everything at this one. Mid-table security in the league seems most probable for them at this stage but this cup holds an attraction. I’m sure a Raith fan somewhere will let us know how many times they’ve won this tournament. It’ll be a decent game for sure. 

I get the big picture-ist changes to protect the league campaign but at the same time I’d be scunnered at missing a prospect of a cup final featuring The QP. Scottish Cup is more sacrificial, we’ve no chance of winning that but we might get there in this cup. Tricky!

Ticket news for Raith fans already posted…

https://tickets.queensparkfc.co.uk/package_link/LZEmOKzmpW/QPFCvsRR

I think most Rovers fans would prefer we made a few changes also, although we have fairly limited options at the moment due to injuries. 

We are up at Cove on Saturday and a win there would pretty much confirm we'll not be dragged into the reckoning for the relegation play offs so I would rather that was our main focus this week. 

We don’t have the size of squad to allow us to make wholesale changes unfortunately but hopefully we will make as many changes as we can.

We’ve not lost in this tournament in 4 and a half years so we’ve had our share of success but this tournament definitely isn’t a priority. Mid table security may seem likely from the outside but I doubt there’s many Rovers fans that would think we are definitely safe at this stage. The game at Cove is on Saturday is much, much more important for us and a win there might allow us to relax a bit more. Hopefully the starting line up reflects the importance of Saturday. I’d go with:

McNeil

Millen    
Lang   
Nolan    
Young

Brown    
Spencer   
Easton

McBride     
Frederiksen    
Connell

Would be great if we had Matthews, Stanton, Ross or even Arnott to allow us to rest Brown and Spencer too but seems unlikely any will be available unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

We don’t have the size of squad to allow us to make wholesale changes unfortunately but hopefully we will make as many changes as we can.

We’ve not lost in this tournament in 4 and a half years so we’ve had our share of success but this tournament definitely isn’t a priority. Mid table security may seem likely from the outside but I doubt there’s many Rovers fans that would think we are definitely safe at this stage. The game at Cove is on Saturday is much, much more important for us and a win there might allow us to relax a bit more. Hopefully the starting line up reflects the importance of Saturday. I’d go with:

McNeil

Millen    
Lang   
Nolan    
Young

Brown    
Spencer   
Easton

McBride     
Frederiksen    
Connell

Would be great if we had Matthews, Stanton, Ross or even Arnott to allow us to rest Brown and Spencer too but seems unlikely any will be available unfortunately.  

Prefer we keep Lang seated and use Masson. Lang’s just back, let’s rest him. Agree not risking Vaughan.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Prefer we keep Lang seated and use Masson. Lang’s just back, let’s rest him. Agree not risking Vaughan.

Yeah, it did cross my mind. Not really sure at this stage of Lang’s comeback whether a rest or more minutes under his belt to build sharpness would be of more benefit. I’m sure Murray and the medical team will know the answer, wouldn’t be against giving him the night off.

My reservation with Masson is I have never seen him play, he has no experience at this level and if he’s not near the standard required yet, a thumping at the hands of free scoring Queens Park destroying his confidence could really effect his development. Again Murray will know best on whether he is ready to compete at the required level.

25 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah, it did cross my mind. Not really sure at this stage of Lang’s comeback whether a rest or more minutes under his belt to build sharpness would be of more benefit. I’m sure Murray and the medical team will know the answer, wouldn’t be against giving him the night off.

My reservation with Masson is I have never seen him play, he has no experience at this level and if he’s not near the standard required yet, a thumping at the hands of free scoring Queens Park destroying his confidence could really effect his development. Again Murray will know best on whether he is ready to compete at the required level.

Agree, the extra factor would be the pitch condition. Can any Queen’s fan address the turf condition?

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's an artificial surface is it not? 

Ochilview is, but even so, QoS’s turf is different than ours for instance, so I’d prefer to have Vaughan skip if it’s not in the best shape.

Edit: Just realized it’s a language problem…in the U.S., turf is used for a plastic pitch and grass for natural…

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Owen Coyle suggesting he’ll “change the whole team” for this one. Seems a bit radical but we do have a hefty month of travel and games. We’ll see. Either way I’m expecting Raith to throw everything at this one. Mid-table security in the league seems most probable for them at this stage but this cup holds an attraction. I’m sure a Raith fan somewhere will let us know how many times they’ve won this tournament. It’ll be a decent game for sure. 

I get the big picture-ist changes to protect the league campaign but at the same time I’d be scunnered at missing a prospect of a cup final featuring The QP. Scottish Cup is more sacrificial, we’ve no chance of winning that but we might get there in this cup. Tricky!

Ticket news for Raith fans already posted…

https://tickets.queensparkfc.co.uk/package_link/LZEmOKzmpW/QPFCvsRR

Looking forward to it. Curious to see what team Coyle fields. On one hand, winning a cup competition and fielding our strongest 11 would be great, but the league has to be the priority now, and we have a crazy January, so only realistic to see some players rested. 

We’re going to need to call on a few of the guys who’ve not played much at some point. Feels like the perfect opportunity to give them some minutes. Young QP haven’t played many games in recent times either. It feels like slightly more of a big deal now that the novelty teams are out, but still has to be in third place in the priority list.

If we can get past Inverness in the Scottish Cup, you never know what can happen with a good draw. Plenty of Championship clubs have gone deep into the competition in previous seasons. We’re not winning it, but in terms of raising the profile and the bank balance, the cup could be big for us.  Our history in the tournament would make it a big story that we could milk. 

Would love to get through to the Semis but we’ve also have a tough set of fixtures in January so we’ll give some players a rest before our Double header with Inverness I’d probably go with this lineup:

Ferrie

Kilday Eze Naismith Robson

Bannon Boateng

Healy Jarrett Savoury                                     

Murray 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Ochilview is, but even so, QoS’s turf is different than ours for instance, so I’d prefer to have Vaughan skip if it’s not in the best shape.

Edit: Just realized it’s a language problem…in the U.S., turf is used for a plastic pitch and grass for natural…

Fortunately the game’s in Scotland where artificial means plastic and grass is a whole other subject.

1 hour ago, ped24 said:

Are Raith TV covering the game?

Club site shows audio broadcast planned by RaithTV

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Stenhousemuir relaid a new 4G pitch at the start of this season. Bounce is good and it runs slowly. Closest to grass I’ve seen.

Excellent news…just wondering, do they water it as heavily as we do at Starks before matches? They say is increases the speed a bit, improves the bounce and extends the life.

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fortunately the game’s in Scotland where artificial means plastic and grass is a whole other subject.

Fortunately the game’s at Ochilview, truly in Scotland, cause the last time I was in Glasgow it felt more like Eire. As for grass, well, Willie is pretty knowledgeable too.