Dundee 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Tuesday 28 February

27 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Kris Doolan has got 7/9 away from home. McCall got 7/27 😂😂

10/30 from McCall.

Great start for Doolan, though. Didn’t expect 7/9 at all from his first three games considering two were on the road to teams up near the top.

37 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Didn't think we were great, but Dundee were mince

Absolutely this. The fact we were so comfortable says more about how poor Dundee were than us being good. Having said that we dominated that tonight. Tiffoney and Docherty were particularly good tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Dundee were seriously rotten but I thoroughly enjoyed the Derry seethe which was loud and over the top throughout. 

I only saw the second half, but on the basis of what I saw (and heard) plus what I saw of United v Ross County (and I see Asghar has now followed Fox oot the door) there’s a pretty good chance of four Dungdee Derbies next season.

The alarm bells must be ringing at a club whose staff and fans expected a romp to the Championship title this season. One point from the last three games - not exactly title-winning form, is it?

That's the most comfortable a performance I've seen from an away side at Dens in a long time. Probably County when they ran rampant at Dens last season.

If Partick Thistle had a bit more about them going forward, I'd argue that they've the best side in the league. Very comfortable passing it about and harrying our soft as shite defence into one of their beloved long ball punts.

Well done and fair play.

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I only saw the second half, but on the basis of what I saw (and heard) plus what I saw of United v Ross County (and I see Asghar has now followed Fox oot the door) there’s a pretty good chance of four Dungdee Derbies next season.

The alarm bells must be ringing at a club whose staff and fans expected a romp to the Championship title this season. One point from the last three games - not exactly title-winning form, is it?

The only Dundee fans who expected this season to be a romp are the utterly delusional. The squad is still mostly McPake's donkeys that finished miles behind Hearts two seasons ago, squeaked 2nd place on the final day, relied on Charlie Adam single-handedly swording Killie, then looked hopelessly out of its depth in the Premiership last season.

If they sat through that and thought it was going to somehow miraculously be different this season with much the same group of haddies, then god help them.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

The only Dundee fans who expected this season to be a romp are the utterly delusional. The squad is still mostly McPake's donkeys that finished miles behind Hearts two seasons ago, squeaked 2nd place on the final day, relied on Charlie Adam single-handedly swording Killie, then looked hopelessly out of its depth in the Premiership last season.

If they sat through that and thought it was going to somehow miraculously be different this season with much the same group of haddies, then god help them.

Quite a few of those “utterly delusional” becoming ever more unhappy on P&B as the season’s gone on…….   And it’s got markedly more noticeable over the last eleven days.

Bowyer on tonight:

"It’s not good enough. The goals we conceded are atrocious. You can’t put in displays like that. Then we get back into the game at 2-1 but to concede so quickly is criminal. The ease in which they score goals all night is not good enough. It’s not acceptable. Partick deserved it, they were better than us all over the pitch

I felt sorry for Zach Robinson up front.

It came right out of the blue that one – you look at how well we played on Saturday. We let Partick get into a rhythm. I asked the players if I missed something, if something happened over the weekend that we weren’t aware of, some in-house fighting or something but no. We went through the same preparation so hopefully we can just put it down to one of those days.

And honestly this is the first time all season I’ve had to speak this way.

We need a reaction now on Saturday at Cove Rangers.”

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Quite a few of those “utterly delusional” becoming ever more unhappy on P&B as the season’s gone on…….   And it’s got markedly more noticeable over the last eleven days.

I think Dundee fans are perfectly justified in being angry at how abysmal we've been over the past few weeks. Whether they thought at the start of the season we should be strolling the league or otherwise, the fact remains the performances and results have been abysmally poor even compared to what Bowyer was getting out of much the same squad of players prior to new year.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer on tonight:

From a Dundee POV, I think that assessment from Bowyer is spot on. I was surprised at how poor Dundee were, even in attack it was lacklustre although Jakubiak offered a good threat when he came on. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's the most comfortable a performance I've seen from an away side at Dens in a long time. Probably County when they ran rampant at Dens last season.

If Partick Thistle had a bit more about them going forward, I'd argue that they've the best side in the league. Very comfortable passing it about and harrying our soft as shite defence into one of their beloved long ball punts.

Well done and fair play.

I think on paper we should have enough in attack to be title contenders but keeping McCall as long as we did, is what has in my opinion still leaves us just that little bit to far out of achieving 1st place. I agree with a similar sentiment as a lot of Dundee fans on here that it’s actually frustrating to be 7 points off the top in such a shite league with the squad we have. There won’t for a long time be  a worse championship standard and I can’t help but think thistle too have blown a great opportunity to have pulled away this season after such a great start. Had MCCall been binned during that 6 game losing streak I think we might have had a better chance. Doolan at least got us going in the right direction again but I think unfortunately Queen’s Park aren’t going to let go and both us and you lot will have to battle it out for 2nd.

Just now, Doolan9 said:

I think on paper we should have enough in attack to be title contenders but keeping McCall as long as we did, is what has in my opinion still leaves us just that little bit to far out of achieving 1st place. I agree with a similar sentiment as a lot of Dundee fans on here that it’s actually frustrating to be 7 points off the top in such a shite league with the squad we have. There won’t for a long time be  a worse championship standard and I can’t help but think thistle too have blown a great opportunity to have pulled away this season after such a great start. Had MCCall been binned during that 6 game losing streak I think we might have had a better chance. Doolan at least got us going in the right direction again but I think unfortunately Queen’s Park aren’t going to let go and both us and you lot will have to battle it out for 2nd.

Queen's Park have taken 11 points out of the last 24. We've (including tonight) taken 9. I absolutely think the league is for the taking - for pretty much anyone down to yourselves. One team finally gets their act together and they'll win this league - at an absolute canter as the footballing gods intended when creating such a soft as shite league this season.

Misery beckons for those that fail to take advantage of it by the time next season rolls around.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Queen's Park have taken 11 points out of the last 24. We've (including tonight) taken 9. I absolutely think the league is for the taking - for pretty much anyone down to yourselves. One team finally gets their act together and they'll win this league - at an absolute canter as the footballing gods intended when creating such a soft as shite league this season.

Misery beckons for those that fail to take advantage of it by the time next season rolls around.

Yeh fair mate, just the negative in me as a fan I don’t see it for us personally as we are in honey moon period for now but it’s certainly not impossible for any of the top 5 to take it from here. As you said anyone who wants it right now could realistically go and take it with 5/6 game winning run. It seems nobody wants  to be that team this year though 🤣.  Agreed, whoever comes down will have far bigger finances than the rest of this league regardless of who that might be next year and we’ll all be kicking ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I didn't watch so I haven't a clue, but surely that's not right?

No, it's not. It was listed as 60-40 in Partick Thistle's favour at HT. It changed, slightly, in our favour afterwards but I wouldn't say even enough to tilt it in our favour as a percentage overall.