Dundee 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Tuesday 28 February

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Yes, but, the question to ask is how many PATG customers do you actually lose? There is a clear difference between PATG and PPV. It’s comfortable sitting on the sofa, perhaps with a mate or two, warm and free to drink and eat what you want…but it’s not the experience. I’d say you’re much more likely to get a punter that considered going, but decided it’s cold, dark and possibly raining, plus work tomorrow and getting home after the game late just isn’t appealing.

There is a massive difference between the potential PATG customer on a weekday night and a weekend day. I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of the weekday PATG crowd is fans who would have bought season tickets except they didn’t work for them because of the number of matches they’d miss, while there will be more casuals on the weekend PATG numbers (after all, with Dundee, you are better off PATG if you are going to miss 3 or more matches).

Giving Partick Thistle fans the option of a £5 stream or even slightly more than that, will absolutely put some off from going tonight at the last minute.

It'd certainly put me off going to an away game. The BBC Friday night TV games absolutely make my mind up over whether I'm attending an away game and I think anything less than a tenner would do that for everyone but the truly hardcore.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Giving Partick Thistle fans the option of a £5 stream or even slightly more than that, will absolutely put some off from going tonight at the last minute.

It'd certainly put me off going to an away game. The BBC Friday night TV games absolutely make my mind up over whether I'm attending an away game and I think anything less than a tenner would do that for everyone but the truly hardcore.

Absolutely true, but the question was cannot answer is if there would be a concurrent increase in uptake of sufficient volume to offset to small reduction in attendance. Let’s face it, your last minute, PATG Partick attendance is not going to be huge, as it’s generally limited to people living within a small radius of Dundee. What’s the average Partick traveling support on a Tuesday night? (It’s the inability to get basic data like this easily that makes this all speculative)

Let’s say 30 local area Partick fans say I’ll watch on my computer rather than last minute PATG. If their tickets were £24 per, that’s £720 in PATG income lost, but if you charge a fiver, that’s another £150 in PPV (assumes the fans don’t know each other and all crowd into one house) income, so a net loss of £570. So, now if you attract 114 casual viewers, you break even.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I want to eat takeaway every night but at the price they charge, it's not viable. 

Pay the price if you want it, or don't. Why do you come online and cry about it being too expensive for a 'neautral'?

A takeout restaurant and a football club are two different enterprises.  One could have differing expectations of each….

Just now, Braesoyetts said:

A takeout restaurant and a football club are two different enterprises.  One could have differing expectations of each….

Not really. I expect delicious, mouth watering fare from both. I'm regularly disappointed with what they serve up though.