Wosfl new website

I like this version because pages don't skip down because of adverts.

The league table section has a predictor bit. Which is handy if you know the results from Twitter etc to update website while waiting for it to be done formally. Also to see how the table would look like in six weeks time.

There are some flaws but overall it's better than before. It still has the same drawbacks the old one did - like not having all the fixtures or results for a particular day on the same page.

8 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It still has the same drawbacks the old one did - like not having all the fixtures or results for a particular day on the same page.

You can do that if you choose the appropriate search parameters, however at the moment it sorts the games alphabetically instead of by league. We are still fine tuning things with the website and that's one of the issues being looked at.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

You can do that if you choose the appropriate search parameters, however at the moment it sorts the games alphabetically instead of by league. We are still fine tuning things with the website and that's one of the issues being looked at.

The closest I can get at the moment changing parameters is a month's fixtures. No doubt when this issue is sorted I'll find something else to moan about.

35 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The previously handy option of "All fixtures in next 7 days" seems to have gone as well.

Nope, that's still there too. Go to "Matches" and change the parameters under "Date" to 7 days.

Edited by glensmad

22 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I like this version because pages don't skip down because of adverts.

The league table section has a predictor bit. Which is handy if you know the results from Twitter etc to update website while waiting for it to be done formally. Also to see how the table would look like in six weeks time.

There are some flaws but overall it's better than before. It still has the same drawbacks the old one did - like not having all the fixtures or results for a particular day on the same page.

Don't think it was the adverts, seemed to be that Facebook widget.

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

Nope, that's still there too. Go to "Matches" and change the parameters under "Date" to 7 days.

But there's no way to see all the fixtures from all WOS competitions together - if you go to the divisions / matches / results etc on the left sidebar then you are limited to one competition, which you need to go to the top menu to switch between.

https://www.wosfl.co.uk/matches/644422728/1_703664036/-1/-1/-1.html e.g. on this matches link from the homepage, I would expect the drop down that says "Premier Division" below 2022-2023 to include "All" plus each competition's name, so that you can switch between divisions fixture or list them all. 

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Don't think it was the adverts, seemed to be that Facebook widget.

On Google Chrome I have an Ad-Blocker and I didn't get the "jump" - only when I used the Edge browser. I prefer using Edge so I'm not going to fire up Chrome for an occasional look at the WoSFL website.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

But there's no way to see all the fixtures from all WOS competitions together........

Yes there is.

Go to "Matches", change the parameters to the date you want, and change to "Competition : All" instead of the default Premier Division. Click on "Get Matches" and Bob's your auntie's husband. The only snag (which we're looking into) is that they are listed alphabetically and not by league, but you do have all WoSFL matches for a particular date listed.