🌀 Dundee v Dunfermline (take 3)🌀

The Master

Question for those who were at the game, did any Dunfermline players impress? Probably more interested in Dundee fans, who won’t have seen much of anyone before.

Good to see McCann get a goal. Where did he play? He had spells left of a front 3 v Kelty and Edinburgh and certainly looked better there than when he’s been played as a lone striker. How did Sam Young get on - think he went off at 1-1? Hopefully did quite well, always good to see a 17 year old making his first start.

Some thoughts after last night's match:

Β 

Mulligan isn't a right back.

Marshall isn't a footballer.

What has happened to Anderson? Apart from his goal, he had a very poor game.

Can someone teach Sheridan the offside rule, please? Absolutely embarrassing to watch him continually being caught offside whilst looking along the line.

New guy showed a few decent touches - looks good in the air, but didn't really get a sniff at goal.

Really nicely-worked corner for our second goal - decent strike from Finn too.

Β 

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I don't have a clue how we played tonight,Β  Β however overall mcpake is quite adaptable generally.Β  I certainly have seen any suggestion we will always play out from the back,Β  indeed falkirk fans have had a bit odd about us being long ball merchants.

Say what now????

29 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Some thoughts after last night's match:

Β 

Mulligan isn't a right back.

Marshall isn't a footballer.

What has happened to Anderson? Apart from his goal, he had a very poor game.

Can someone teach Sheridan the offside rule, please? Absolutely embarrassing to watch him continually being caught offside whilst looking along the line.

New guy showed a few decent touches - looks good in the air, but didn't really get a sniff at goal.

Really nicely-worked corner for our second goal - decent strike from Finn too.

Β 

I noticed that there were quite a few times during the game Anderson gave a player a short pass and could / should have moved forward into space to allow an easy one - two (if that makes sense). Β Instead he gave the pass then DROPPED and few yards.

Is it a lack of confidence that’s preventing Anderson being more positive? Β Was he given instructions by Bowyer to be more defensive? Β Is Anderson not fully understanding Bowyer’s instructions?

Sheridan’s positional awareness made him look like he was a youth player making his debut. Β Utterly embarrassing for a senior pro. Β  Β Talk about lack of concentration. Β I genuinely think Scottish League 1 football is his absolute limit now. Β To be balanced about him I thought he at least put himself about a bit last night.

Β 

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Question for those who were at the game, did any Dunfermline players impress? Probably more interested in Dundee fans, who won’t have seen much of anyone before.

Good to see McCann get a goal. Where did he play? He had spells left of a front 3 v Kelty and Edinburgh and certainly looked better there than when he’s been played as a lone striker. How did Sam Young get on - think he went off at 1-1? Hopefully did quite well, always good to see a 17 year old making his first start.

Todorov up the middle.

McCann was left and O Hara on the right I think. O Hara looked decent, seems injury has improved his touch. The first goal was a pinpoint cross right onto McCanns napper.Β 

MacDonald good again, thats his position to lose now. Get him in for extra crossing practice every day and we would have a really good player.Β 

Don't think anyone else stood out above their normal.Β 

5 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Todorov up the middle.

McCann was left and O Hara on the right I think. O Hara looked decent, seems injury has improved his touch. The first goal was a pinpoint cross right onto McCanns napper.Β 

MacDonald good again, thats his position to lose now. Get him in for extra crossing practice every day and we would have a really good player.Β 

Don't think anyone else stood out above their normal.Β 

I seem to remember him looking useful at Championship level before.

Any reason he’s now playing in League One?Β 

Thank you.Β 

Edited by Girth

20 minutes ago, Girth said:

I seem to remember him looking useful at Championship level before.

Any reason he’s now playing in League One?Β 

Thank you.Β 

Aye he got relegated with us after signing a 2 year deal at the start of last season. Β Like most of our squad tbf.