Gable Endies vs Doonhamers

On 15/01/2023 at 21:01, Manwithnoball said:

Just watched the highlights. McKenna just do us a favour and do one. How does Gibson miss the one from a yard out. Impressed with new keeper coming for crosses. We had chances and Todd's penalty well less said the better. If everyone is fit I would play this team. Screenshot_2023-01-15-11-15-51-70_34e361ca2b1ac5216ac16ad60069fca8.thumb.jpg.ed9f2686ae5a935a22a8660a6c6426ec.jpg

Wouldn’t be totally against that but would prefer to get another centre back in and maybe trying East at left back. He liked a marauding run when was left of the back 3. I think Lewis has turned in 3/4 very meh performances in a row which is going to happen with him being so young. Maybe a couple of games coming off the bench again might help him get his mojo back. 

Edited by Broony88

32 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Wouldn’t be totally against that but would prefer to get another centre back in and maybe trying East at left back. He liked a marauding run when was left of the back 3. I think Lewis has turned in 3/4 very meh performances in a row which is going to happen with him being so young. Maybe a couple of games coming off the bench again might help him get his mojo back. 

I think Lewis has been a bit restricted in getting forward as much in a few games recently, and covering defensively is not his strong point. The 5-1 game up at Alloa the team started on the front foot, Lewis laid on the goal and set up another couple of chances. Second half though he was forced to sit a bit further back and very ineffective. The last couple of home games also he's only come onto his best when the team is pushing forward. He's a vital player but only if the team is in attacking mode. 

25 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

It was a decent home win, but Clyde are absolute crap.

If we fight as we have done the last 3-4 games ,who knows, but QotS will be favourites. 

That has been our problem none of our players like or are up to sort of fight Queens definitely not favourites.

29 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

That has been our problem none of our players like or are up to sort of fight Queens definitely not favourites.

And yet we've beaten them very comfortably twice. Gie's peace ffs. We might win, lose or draw but we absolutely are, and should be, favourites. 

As the saying goes ... you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear ... but that apart, it'll be interesting to see what effect two weeks of training/coaching/expectations with Marvin will have on our galacticos.

I'm also hoping that as the window starts to draw to a close we might be able to bring in another one or two additions ... fingers crossed. 🤞

4 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully after 2 weeks training with Bartley we will see a different Queens team .

Hopefully  more quality is added to our squad before the game .

It will be a very difficult game as Peterhead will be confident after a good home win.

To slow pal your mate started a match thread last Saturday