Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton

Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/23 at 15:00

Ally Love, total diddy. Ref should've sent the racist wee fud off.

Once again I fail to see how this Dumbarton side are top of the league. Ryan Wallace up front screams 6th place finish.

For the penalty, I'd say it may have been outside the box but regardless it was a horrendous challenge.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the Dumbarton fans for the name of 'nae goals mccluskey' I have to say, it's dead-on. Blokes effort is brilliant but he's allergic to putting the ball in the back of the net 95% of the time.

2 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Very good 3 points:

very unnevry end to the game in which we were in complete control of from the red card onwards:

Mcluskey had another absolute shocker today. How does he keep getting selected in the starting 11 week on week.

Thomson excellent again today, Sparky did a great job at left back, I do worry when he’s bombing forward though. 
thought Nditi had a decent game today as well. 

Robson looked decent; think he’ll be excellent alongside Slater. 

Agree Robson looked good. But Hutton has to play in our midfield, love him or hate him he's the only one prepared to do the dirty work.

8 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Agree Robson looked good. But Hutton has to play in our midfield, love him or hate him he's the only one prepared to do the dirty work.

I think Robson would do the dirty work allowing Slater to spray the ball about, maybe I’m wrong though.

do think Hutton had a decent game today to be fair. 

13 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Once again I fail to see how this Dumbarton side are top of the league. Ryan Wallace up front screams 6th place finish.

For the penalty, I'd say it may have been outside the box but regardless it was a horrendous challenge.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the Dumbarton fans for the name of 'nae goals mccluskey' I have to say, it's dead-on. Blokes effort is brilliant but he's allergic to putting the ball in the back of the net 95% of the time.

Regardless?

It's either inside the box (penalty) or it isnt (not penalty).

12 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Regardless?

It's either inside the box (penalty) or it isnt (not penalty).

Just to be a wide c*nt, stonewall, miles in the box. Dumbarton nothing but thugs.

Edited by TheClosingArguement

Highlight for me was the wee Forfar ultras giving the “will greggs in fire song” jumping about and being chased by the stewards, could only have been topped if the pa had played the theme tune from Benny Hill.

Certainly preferable to watching Matty Aitken ‘play’

Edited by nofixedability

A tremendous team performance today. Dumbarton were rattled from the start and the penalty showed how unable they were to control our attack (imagine being able to use 'attack' in the Irvine period). In fact I don't think there was an area where Dumbarton looked confident and in control except maybe in scything down forwards. Don't understand bringing on Matty unless it was to save a serious injury to Armour which was looking likely. I think the Love incident was a carry-over from his losing the plot with the linesman when he felt he was slow in alerting the ref to him coming on. Got to feel for Steph. Always so close but one day he's going to turn these chances into goals. Unfair to highlight these guys given everybody turned in a good game but Robson, Armour, Nditi (as usual) and Thompson were excellent.

Ray McKinnon is putting together a bloody good team here. Some inspired loan signings and looks like he has the full support of the players. All looking good at the moment.

Quite the game of football. Before the red card Forfar had hit the bar and almost conceded a calamitous own goal. Terrible bit of defending for the red card but even so Armour had a lot to do to score so he should have let him go. Rest of first half highlighted our deficiencies in front of goal with McLuskey the chief sinner.

Second half Armours persistence got him the opener , then Munro hit inside of post before a good run from Ross saw him scythed by the left back, debatable if it was in the box but a pretty nasty tackle that saw Ross limp out of game. Should have been game over but Dumbarton scored through penalty , don’t know what the offence was. Little nervy toward end but Aitken had a gilt edge chance to seal points and was his usual hopeless self. Ref blows final whistle as Flanagan shoots from distance and scores.

Best for Forfar were Thomson and Armour but really decent team performance again. Why oh why did we persist so long with those two useless Gary’s at start of the season?

Dumbarton were up against it as soon as they were down to 10 men but did OK until they lost first goal and seemed to lose plot discipline wise after that. 

1 hour ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Are you that raging minter with the ponytail that stands wi the Loonz Youth bois

:1eye

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Thought we were excellent today and deserved the win. Obviously the red card helped but I was impressed with Armour, Ross and Robson especially. Hopefully the injury to Ross isn’t anything to worry about.

McGeever only has himself to blame for his red card and it’s not like he couldn’t have made the challenge earlier.

I’ve no idea how Stef didn’t score today considering the chances he had. Armour took his first goal well, I’m glad he’s scoring consistently, I’ll admit I thought he would be much like Shepherd, working hard without scoring goals but he has looked our best striker.

Our penalty looked like it might be outside the box but I have no idea what happened for theirs. Ally Love pointing at Mark Docherty for something before he started trying to square up with the ref in front was bizarre. I assume he said something as the penalty was being taken but Love is an angry little man.

That’s now 14 points under McKinnon in seven games, miles better than the 11 in 13 that Irvine had.

Mouthed off at Marc also, before Docs and ref.

25 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Are you that raging minter with the ponytail that stands wi the Loonz Youth bois

:1eye

Nope, I'm the raging minter with a Tammy hat & a bench coat. 

Fair play to the Forfar young team who gave me dogs abuse on my way round for a pie😀😀.

great atmosphere guys and we’ll do e to the youngster who when swapping end made point of telling me just a bit of fun.

footbsll needs a bit of atmosphere . Well done lads 

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Excellent performance, everyone works their socks off, which is all we ask , feel sorry for Stef, tremendous player who is having no luck in front of goal , the loan signings are a different level than before. 👍

It seems he's had "no luck" for most of his career then...

Disappointing result, but absolutely one I predicted and not as unexpected as some may think. I'm sure once we get all the guys back in and settle down we can steady the ship again. Not going to be easy from here on as everyone wants to knock the top team out of 1st place.

Given how things are now, our game in hand vs Stirling could be the one that knocks us off of our perch, if we aren't already off of it by the time we play that match!