Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton

Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/23 at 15:00

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McGeever is about 5 yards off the pace after barely kicking a ball for 2 years, I’m not surprised it’s resulted in something like this when we’re just chucking him into the starting 11. We should be punting him oot on loan and bringing a capable replacement in.

This.

Every time he’s played since his return he’s looked miles off it. Rangers U20’s match he was so slow and when came on for Buchanan away v Clyde he immediately started punting the ball miles at every opportunity and we lost all control.

Long game ahead now unfortunately. I’d much rather we’d moved McNiff to centre back and Wylde to left back than played McGeever. Unfortunately he’s going to need regular games after his ACL injury to get his level back which we can’t afford to give him.

TBH if I had to choose one more signing for the rest of the window I’d have said a centre back - even before we signed McLean earlier.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Could easily be Forfar 3 up here. Finn Robson having a great game so far. Just need to make the chances count in the second half. Top time wasting from the Dumbarton goalie, though.

Brett ‘Martinez’ Long

That’s a real disappointment and poor squad management appears to have cost us massively. As it stands our only cover at the back is McGeever and Lynch, neither of whom are match fit and neither of whom have looked remotely convincing in any short cameos or starts they’ve had this season. I note that Farrell didn’t even bring Lynch on when we had a defender sent off so I’m assuming he shunted Lynas to centre back and one of the midfielders to right back? If that’s the case then why is he here? We’re wasting a wage on a guy Farrell wont even bring on when we get a defender sent off and he’s favouring a non defensive minded midfielder over him. I’ve had the absolute fear about Buchanan or Carswell getting injured based on the cover we have and it probably couldn’t have gone much worse in terms of how that panned out today.

Get McGeever and Lynch to f**k and sign someone who we can at least bring on or start a game when required.

15 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Was right next to it . Looked very much outside the box to me . Il take it 

I didn't think for a minute it would be a penalty. But I was right behind the goal at the other end and was looking through Sons tinted spectacles!

No complaints about the result though. Some kamikaze defending killed us with the red card and the first goal. I feared we'd miss Bucky and Ryan Blair big time, and that was certainly the case.

Thought we were excellent today and deserved the win. Obviously the red card helped but I was impressed with Armour, Ross and Robson especially. Hopefully the injury to Ross isn’t anything to worry about.

McGeever only has himself to blame for his red card and it’s not like he couldn’t have made the challenge earlier.

I’ve no idea how Stef didn’t score today considering the chances he had. Armour took his first goal well, I’m glad he’s scoring consistently, I’ll admit I thought he would be much like Shepherd, working hard without scoring goals but he has looked our best striker.

Our penalty looked like it might be outside the box but I have no idea what happened for theirs. Ally Love pointing at Mark Docherty for something before he started trying to square up with the ref in front was bizarre. I assume he said something as the penalty was being taken but Love is an angry little man.

That’s now 14 points under McKinnon in seven games, miles better than the 11 in 13 that Irvine had.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

That is a spot on account of events, was expecting a red card the way Love continued  on and his team mates had to pull him away from the ref.

Aye, someone needed to drag Ally as far away from the ref as possible.

Sparky had been shouting at him as he took the penalty, the two of them had a wee exchange after that and then Love just seemed to totally lose the plot. I assume he got his booking for a GIRFUY type thing at Sparky? Then his head detached at the ref.

Very good 3 points:

very unnevry end to the game in which we were in complete control of from the red card onwards:

Mcluskey had another absolute shocker today. How does he keep getting selected in the starting 11 week on week.

Thomson excellent again today, Sparky did a great job at left back, I do worry when he’s bombing forward though. 
thought Nditi had a decent game today as well. 

Robson looked decent; think he’ll be excellent alongside Slater. 

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Very good 3 points:

very unnevry end to the game in which we were in complete control of from the red card onwards:

Mcluskey had another absolute shocker today. How does he keep getting selected in the starting 11 week on week.

Thomson excellent again today, Sparky did a great job at left back, I do worry when he’s bombing forward though. 
thought Nditi had a decent game today as well. 

Robson looked decent; think he’ll be excellent alongside Slater. 

Can’t agree with you on mcluskey