Aberdeen v St Johnstone - 8/1/23

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Well, I'm very sorry you feel that way. But, we'd all call out and laugh at an Old Firm fan making inaccurate and daft claims about the media, and I simply apply this in an even-handed manner.

However, in the spirit of accepting criticism and acting on feedback, I will abstain from all Aberdeen threads for one week.

Unless something really funny happens.

I’ll listen back to the sportsound podcast and get back to you with my opinion of the exchange. 

But as I said, I don’t necessarily disagree with all your contributions, just that you really do go on about us. 

That was better than the Ross County performance but not by a huge amount. 

Some of the Johnnie's attempts to deal with straight balls over the top were hilarious and Miovski should have buried at least two of them. 

Surprised they started with Wotherspoon on the bench and left him there for so long with Murphy getting turned inside out by McCrorie. I can see why their fans are questioning the manager. 

After repeatedly criticising Goodwin's substitutions, i have to admit they made a difference today with both assists coming from subs. 

Thought we rode our luck in defence. Our defence was second to every cross that came in. 

Good to see Shinnie back, and i fucking love Duk. 

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Anyone who’d have that overweight sevconian penalty merchant over Duk is a kidding themselves on.

They'd work well together, Duk is good at throwing himself around looking for penalties and Shankland is good at scoring penalties.

13 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean this with the best intentions as I agree with you on many things and generally think you’re a decent poster. 

But your contributions to dons threads are absolutely dire. Not that everything you say is necessarily wrong but you don’t half go on about us. 

We should maybe take it as a compliment...

Got on the bus to go home last night and the driver was told by the police that they were worried about Aberdeen fans attacking the bus with rocks after previous incidents.

Wtf is wrong with people.

We were then directed the long way out of the area 🙃

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Got on the bus to go home last night and the driver was told by the police that they were worried about Aberdeen fans attacking the bus with rocks after previous incidents.

Wtf is wrong with people.

We were then directed the long way out of the area 🙃

That’ll be why they tried to lock us in after the game! Thought it was really weird. 

As hard working as Kennedy is, the last two games have really shown the need for someone who isn't just going to be stuck out wide and shows the need for the wide attackers to cut infield.

Especially with McCorie at right back, with a huge willingness to get forward into wide positions, it just ends up with two players occupying the same space and making it easier to defend in those areas.

Perhaps swapping him and Duk, and having him cut in from the other side whilst Duk seems to more naturally fall into a more central area.

I'm still a Besuijen apologist, though many for his talent rather than his performances for us recently. And holding out hope that he can be rejuvenated from his (maybe Clarksons?) assist for the first goal yesterday.

Miovski looks dreadfully in need of a goal again. A couple of chances yesterday, you would have definitely seen a more defiant strike from him earlier in the season. But a bit more of a meek finish when he only had the keeper to beat.

59 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

As hard working as Kennedy is, the last two games have really shown the need for someone who isn't just going to be stuck out wide and shows the need for the wide attackers to cut infield.

Especially with McCorie at right back, with a huge willingness to get forward into wide positions, it just ends up with two players occupying the same space and making it easier to defend in those areas.

Perhaps swapping him and Duk, and having him cut in from the other side whilst Duk seems to more naturally fall into a more central area.

I'm still a Besuijen apologist, though many for his talent rather than his performances for us recently. And holding out hope that he can be rejuvenated from his (maybe Clarksons?) assist for the first goal yesterday.

Miovski looks dreadfully in need of a goal again. A couple of chances yesterday, you would have definitely seen a more defiant strike from him earlier in the season. But a bit more of a meek finish when he only had the keeper to beat.

Very good.