Aberdeen v St Johnstone - 8/1/23

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No changes at half time, probably no changes until Aberdeen score then.

Then we'll get all 5 as we switch to a 4-1-5 formation.

Here we go.

Its the inevitability of it, he just cannot turn it around if a team start fast against us, cant see whats going wrong and how to change it.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

The board could always get back in the fans good books by emptying Davidson. Then again they’re currently vying for most disliked by the fans!

Funny, just made comment to my dad that the next statements more likely to be a manager update than an apology.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We want to try and counter so commit players to that and can look open but, as always, we're so stretched because of the stupid formation it takes about 10 minutes for us to get up the park in numbers.

Your shiteness is going to give us at least a point and justify this madness, and we'll be subjected to it for the next 3 months so he can prove a point.

Christian Bale GIF

48 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

From the BBC live text updates of todays games:

“Big turn-out to welcome Shinnie
Aberdeen v St Johnstone (15:00)

Tyrone Smith
BBC Scotland at Pittodrie
The Aberdeen fans have certainly bought into the Graeme Shinnie factor. I'm told that his return has added about 1,000 to the expected gate.”

Surely not??? 

Decent player at this level, but he’s hardly what you’d call box office is he?

I have a hard time believing 1,000 folk have woken up today and thought “I know I said I wouldn’t bother going today, but GRAHAM SHINNIE’s back! Take my money!!!” 

Definitely not but we'd turn out for GRAEME SHINNIE.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Always pleasing when @RandomGuy. tantrums his way through a 90 minutes with his wee digs and this shite dons team see them off anyway. 

I wasnt having a go at Aberdeen was i?

Felt like all i done was moan about the inevitable shite performance and result on our side.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Hard to tell what you're trying to do, tbh. Not really interested in attacking but not parking the bus and scrapping for everything like Ross County.

But of a nothing performance.

He was hoping to "keep it tight". Steal a 1-0. Problem is, we can't defend. 

We also can't play out deep either so can't get out when playing like that. 

Aberdeen obviously a better side etc etc but they were struggling and we turned up like if was Celtic or something. 

Surely the players hate it as well? Likes of Murphy and Carey spending most of their time scrapping for second balls. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Didn’t say you did, always amusing though. 

Ah, fair dues.

This Saints team drives me nuts. Theres quite clearly a good side in there, but its just completely strangled by a manager who seems to just guess his way through every game.

Worst thing is my dads now retired and my kids old enough to not be a complete handful, so ill probably get to more games again. Nightmare.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ah, fair dues.

This Saints team drives me nuts. Theres quite clearly a good side in there, but its just completely strangled by a manager who seems to just guess his way through every game.

Worst thing is my dads now retired and my kids old enough to not be a complete handful, so ill probably get to more games again. Nightmare.

To be fair up until the goal, which effectively came from a hopeful ball up the pitch, you had us exactly where you wanted us in that 2nd half. Albeit without much genuine threat. 

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He was hoping to "keep it tight". Steal a 1-0. Problem is, we can't defend. 

We also can't play out deep either so can't get out when playing like that. 

Aberdeen obviously a better side etc etc but they were struggling and we turned up like if was Celtic or something. 

Surely the players hate it as well? Likes of Murphy and Carey spending most of their time scrapping for second balls. 

First half I thought we were good but we started the second half terribly. Had 0-0 over it. St Johnstone were very susceptible to the long ball which surprised me.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be fair up until the goal, which effectively came from a hopeful ball up the pitch, you had us exactly where you wanted us in that 2nd half. Albeit without much genuine threat. 

We didnt really. Miovski missed at least one easy chance and the offside goal was literally millimetres off. You lot were in awful form, huge pressure on the manager with a fanbase thats easily rattled, and a win would give us a real chance of Europe.

We started time-wasting after 50 odd minutes at 0-0.