Aberdeen v St Johnstone - 8/1/23

Just now, John Bonham said:

Are you sure? He’s been excellent for us and has some great leadership qualities, something Aberdeen seem to be lacking at the moment? 

He's maybe been a good fit at St Johnstone but he would not fit the system we are trying to play. He'd be caught on the break several times a game. He's also far too ponderous on the ball if expected to do anything other than play it down the line.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

He's maybe been a good fit at St Johnstone but he would not fit the system we are trying to play. He'd be caught on the break several times a game. He's also far too ponderous on the ball if expected to do anything other than play it down the line.

Fair enough

Was happy with that team until I read the name Murphy. Nothing against him in particular, just that means we’re either playing with him and May as a front two - which I don’t like - or we’ve reverted to that honking 5-2-3. Not really sure which of those options I’d prefer. 

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Was happy with that team until I read the name Murphy. Nothing against him in particular, just that means we’re either playing with him and May as a front two - which I don’t like - or we’ve reverted to that honking 5-2-3. Not really sure which of those options I’d prefer. 

Itll be 5-2-3 because we almost managed to draw 0-0 with Aberdeen playing that earlier this system, and clearly thats the goal.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Itll be 5-2-3 because we almost managed to draw 0-0 with Aberdeen playing that earlier this system, and clearly thats the goal.

That was my thinking too. The obsession with the 5-2-3 in particular really irks me. It hasn’t really worked for us like having two up front does, yet he always finds a way to go back to it. Nicky Clark may well be in need of a rest after the sickness bug etc. but we don’t really have the squad at the minute to allow for that.

Can’t see Gallagher being worse than Brown at LWB, but it’s also v obvious that if he has anything other than a flawless game Davidson will jettison him from the club and then use this as justification - just like the time he started Vertainen at Ibrox

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Carey retaining his place after last week’s showing is wild.

given who’s making the decisions, it’s sadly not. 

Starting to worry there’s been a fall out with Spoony, really the only explanation for why he’s not playing ahead of most of our midfield dumplings. 

edit: either that or the manager is an idiot, which I suppose there is a body of evidence backing up. 

Edited by Kyle

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Carey retaining his place after last week’s showing is wild.

Why is his place in the first 11 untouchable? He’s a decent footballer but not sure he’s done anything of note for us, and he’s been shocking recently 

Edit: Because I've resolved to be less of a negative f**k this year, I will say its good to see McGowan back in midfield and Crawford not in the team. I can see McGowan and MacPherson working as a pair, though I would have had Phillips in there instead.

Edited by Zamora Fan

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How can it be a goal if it's 0-0?

He has to go. So sick and tired of him. Just plucking names/formations out of his arse in the hope of stumbling on a result. 

To start Macpherson, Crawford and Murphy over Wotherspoon recently is just mind-blowing.

If I was him I'd be on the phone to my agent to get my arse out this club 

34 minutes ago, Kyle said:

given who’s making the decisions, it’s sadly not. 

Starting to worry there’s been a fall out with Spoony, really the only explanation for why he’s not playing ahead of most of our midfield dumplings. 

edit: either that or the manager is an idiot, which I suppose there is a body of evidence backing up. 

I’ve always wondered why he was so raging at the LASK game… not convinced they’ve ever got on that well.