Clyde v Kelty

28 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

How many pens have we conceded this season just out of interest feels like it’s in double figures?

Feel as if I’ve been saying this all season - it’s an absolute disgrace how many we give away. Today was the worst of the lot however. 

We are not winning another game all season - every single mistake seems to cost us. Contriving a way to lose that is unforgivable. 

ETA - I thought the ref gave some baffling decisions in our favour today and we still made a c**t of it. 

Edited by ScottR96

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Thicot's "tackle" for the penalty was the most brain dead stupidity I've known since I first winched my future ex-wife.

However, get the booing of our own players to f**k.

Christ! Even Robert Jones was never booed in a Clyde shirt

Thicot was clearly done 10 minutes earlier. Cameron as well. In fact the whole team had started making tired, poor decisions. 

Absolutely unbelievable that Duffy left them both on. That one is on him today, and the board for bringing him back.

We are only two points ahead of a team that haven't scored a goal since the 12th November. We need to bin any idea of surviving and plan for next season, with the right manager. If we stay up then that's a bonus.

Aye, whilst I wouldn’t go as far as saying I feel sorry for him, Thicot was clearly gubbed. You could see the full extent of that when he looked like he was running through treacle to reach the ball just before his tackle. Unfortunately for him, he has previous for this which doesn’t help his case.

Hugely frustrating to throw another game away but truthfully, the damage was done a long time ago. I’d be on board with binning Duffy too. His football is rubbish and we really ought to plan long-term here. Finally, after watching these jobbers all season, I can’t wait to see who we bring in next season when our budget is halved!

21 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Thicot's "tackle" for the penalty was the most brain dead stupidity I've known since I first winched my future ex-wife.

Jones not getting booed was probably down to the pandemic TBF

24 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I think the fans have every right to boo we spend our money and time watching that rubbish. It lets the players and the board know we’re sick of this. Clowns upstairs and cowards on the pitch recipe for disaster.

Thicot’s performance today was as bad as I’ve ever seen from a Clyde Centre Half and that’s saying something , embarrassing. His decision to give away the penalty is af baffling as I have witnessed anywhere in football!

Duffy not top of my list as any Manager but he must be bewildered how he can change this?

How Lennon thought for a second that Thicot and at least 9 of those players would survive in this league is beyond me… bordering on a crime committed against the Club. Complete shambles going back 3 years.. unbelievable 

2 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

I think the fans have every right to boo we spend our money and time watching that rubbish. It lets the players and the board know we’re sick of this. Clowns upstairs and cowards on the pitch recipe for disaster.

Don't get me wrong. I'm fully on board with booing the team after a performance like today's.

The in-game booing of Thicot was wrong in my opinion.

Wasn't Cameron due a booing? Wasn't Lyons?

The referee gave us a few baffling decisions, there was a clear foul on Agyeman in the first half that somehow went our way amongst others. 

Steven Thicot is absolute shite, even on the ball with no pressure he’s pish, clearly can’t defend either. 

Euan Cameron is fucking useless as well, brushed off the ball constantly, no end product, actually had to be told numerous times what to do. Scullion on the other side isn’t any better. Absolutely nothing coming from the wings. 

Allan and Cunningham are 2 decent strikers, but they have f**k all behind them. Any decent side would’ve won that game comfortably as I thought Kelty were fairly average even before the red card. 

1 hour ago, David W said:

Thicot was clearly done 10 minutes earlier. Cameron as well. In fact the whole team had started making tired, poor decisions. 

Absolutely unbelievable that Duffy left them both on. That one is on him today, and the board for bringing him back.

We are only two points ahead of a team that haven't scored a goal since the 12th November. We need to bin any idea of surviving and plan for next season, with the right manager. If we stay up then that's a bonus.

Totally agree with this. It is near impossible to finish above 9th, we need to start thinking about next season and get the right manager in charge asap, if we manage to stay up then amazing, but we need to start planning for a League 2 return and hopefully see us competing again. 

Just as a reality check, as a club, are we a L2 club punching above our weight? Or a L1 side underachieving?

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Thicot’s performance today was as bad as I’ve ever seen from a Clyde Centre Half and that’s saying something , embarrassing. His decision to give away the penalty is af baffling as I have witnessed anywhere in football!

Duffy not top of my list as any Manager but he must be bewildered how he can change this?

How Lennon thought for a second that Thicot and at least 9 of those players would survive in this league is beyond me… bordering on a crime committed against the Club. Complete shambles going back 3 years.. unbelievable 

Doubt DL will get another gig after that!

33 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Totally agree with this. It is near impossible to finish above 9th, we need to start thinking about next season and get the right manager in charge asap, if we manage to stay up then amazing, but we need to start planning for a League 2 return and hopefully see us competing again. 

Just as a reality check, as a club, are we a L2 club punching above our weight? Or a L1 side underachieving?

If you listen to the board, we’re barely even a League Two club.