Angus Gunn to declare for Scotland?

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

If stories are true,  manager must think so

Also why he's not  bothered to cap any of the rest

Cos we had a absolutely fantastic keeper between the sticks all be it a elder statesman in Craig Gordon,who never let us down but now he is injured 

Plus most games apart from Turkey game were official matches for our co efficancy 

So he hasn't had much opportunity to blood new unproven keepers

I like to think there are a few who if given the chance might prove the doubters wrong

I'm still a Liam Kelly fan might not clicked for him in England but he is capable off big saves like the one he made last week

35 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What type of Scottish man, who loves football, plays football then eventually plays international football for his country, doesn't watch/take his son to international games regaling him on all things about his families Scottish ties and Scotland? 

I obviously get the point of Angus being born in England and having family/friends there but Bryan Gunn has failed as a Scotsman imo. 

😂 failed as a Scotsman....jeezo put the lid back on your shortbread tin and simmer down 

7 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Cos we had a absolutely fantastic keeper between the sticks all be it a elder statesman in Craig Gordon,who never let us down but now he is injured 

Plus most games apart from Turkey game were official matches for our co efficancy 

So he hasn't had much opportunity to blood new unproven keepers

I like to think there are a few who if given the chance might prove the doubters wrong

I'm still a Liam Kelly fan might not clicked for him in England but he is capable off big saves like the one he made last week

He let us down on multiple occasions 

Usually for being welded to his line and not coming for ball

England at home and Slovenia away being notable 

But an excellent shot stopper and better than the others after mcgregor retirement and marshall decline 

That reason he was ever present recently 

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

He let us down on multiple occasions 

Usually for being welded to his line and not coming for ball

England at home and Slovenia away being notable 

But an excellent shot stopper and better than the others after mcgregor retirement and marshall decline 

That reason he was ever present recently 

Maybe but its the job off the center halfs to fet up and win the ball keepers fumble and make awful decisions let cheap goals in Gordon been consistent for Scotland all be it he isn't that good with the ball at his feet the key element to modern goal keeping with the new rules

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Maybe but its the job off the center halfs to fet up and win the ball keepers fumble and make awful decisions let cheap goals in Gordon been consistent for Scotland all be it he isn't that good with the ball at his feet the key element to modern goal keeping with the new rules

Not when it's clearly a ball the keeper should take as in England and Slovenia vital games noted

Anyway part of the pantheon of past mishaps now 

20 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Now his career has gone off the rails he wants to play for us? Great.

I remember listening to Owain Tudur Jones interviewing Bryan Gunn on his podcast ages ago and when the subject of his son came up he said words to the effect of "he classes himself as English and wants to play for England."  I also thought Bryan Gunn came across as a complete moron but that's another issue.

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Marshall made more than Gordon 

I honestly don't think so

Another good shot stopper

I don't blame him for the Czech game,  some clown, ie the manager,  told him to stand that far off his line I think 

1 minute ago, Binos said:

I don't blame him for the Czech game,  some clown, ie the manager,  told him to stand that far off his line I think 

There is a difference between being off your line and being almost at the halfway line....

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

There is a difference between being off your line and being almost at the halfway line....

True but I think he was told to act as sweeper when we pushed up

Otherwise what was he doing there and don't recall him doing that in other games,  that i saw anyway 

Edited by Binos

12 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I can easily tell you are a well traveled person who has lived and worked abroad all his adult life. 👏 

What's happened to the world when you can't call the English c***s without some hand ringers on a website having a go at you 

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

True but I think he was told to act as sweeper when we pushed up

Otherwise what was he doing there and don't recall him doing that in other games,  that i saw anyway 

If you genuinely think that Marshall was a better keeper for Scotland than Gordon then I'm not sure what to say. According to Transfermarkt they've conceded the same amount of goals despite Gordon playing considerably more games.

26 minutes ago, Binos said:

Really been absolutely pillared by Hungary and Wales when he first started Wales a good few times but you just want to.mentioned the big games like England about Gordon for some reason

Sweden gane to when Tommy Burns picked him he was abysmal 

Edited by General dissaray

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

What's happened to the world when you can't call the English c***s without some hand ringers on a website having a go at you 

You are simply a racist. Plain and simple. You have likely never worked in England so you have no basis for your “argument”. 

Edited by Molotov

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

If you genuinely think that Marshall was a better keeper for Scotland than Gordon then I'm not sure what to say. According to Transfermarkt they've conceded the same amount of goals despite Gordon playing considerably more games.

I don't base judgements on transfer market

Tend to use my eyes

Never said either one was better either 

Both excellent shot stoppers,  Gordon probably more so than Marshall 

Gordon prone to gaffs in high profile games,  usually around not coming for cross balls 

Both good servents though 

Allan mcgregor better than both but didn't have heart in it seemed 

3 hours ago, Binos said:

Zanders the worst of all those keepers by a mile

Assume you have some weird form of grudge against him/Saints?

Theres not much between him and Kelly quality wise IMO so you go off form, and Clarks is better just now. Neither are good enough though.

McLaughlin was a better keeper than either, but hes 35 and hasnt played regularly for about 4 seasons now. Moving to Rangers to sit on the bench ended his chances of replacing Gordon.

McCrorie needs to actually play games at some point to show either way. He was rotten for Livi and, from memory, had major problems with crosses, so it hardly bodes well considering hes gained zero senior experience since then.

Gunn is closer to Kelly/Clark than people will like to think, but hes seen less often and is a new name so people will automatically decide hes the best option. I remain unconvinced. 

Id like to see Marshall hit 50 caps tbh, but i dont think hes any better than other mentioned now either.