Angus Gunn to declare for Scotland?

23 hours ago, gannonball said:

very deserved would say

That commentator’s interpretation of the meaning of “magnificent save” is very different to mine.

A couple of good ones in there but you’d be asking questions for most if they got past him. I think he has that knack of making a save look better than it actually is.

Edited by eez-eh

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

That commentator’s interpretation of the meaning of “magnificent save” is very different to mine.

A couple of good ones in there but you’d be asking questions for most if they got past him. I think he has that knack of making a save look better than it actually is.

that's my take on most "fabulous" saves. if the goal had been conceded would any questions be asked of the goalkeeper. and in the vast number of "superb" saves, the answer is yes.....

2 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Guilty as charged obviously hadn't had my glasees when I posted this,but its still football isn't it?

And this is still a football page isn't it?

How is your rare eye condition these days anyway?

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

that's my take on most "fabulous" saves. if the goal had been conceded would any questions be asked of the goalkeeper. and in the vast number of "superb" saves, the answer is yes.....

Indeed.  Bang average as they say,  On the other hand, I’m not convinced Kelly or Clark save all of them.

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Gunn is the best of the three with his feet, hence he will get the nod. 

He probably will start but given Craig Gordon has been our starting keeper for ages I doubt this is the deciding factor.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He probably will start but given Craig Gordon has been our starting keeper for ages I doubt this is the deciding factor.

Craig Gordon will not be involved in the next two fixtures mVIII. 

If you read my post properly you'll see I'm talking about the three selected in this latest squad. 

5 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

If you read my post properly you'll see I'm talking about the three selected in this latest squad. 

Touchy.

What makes you think that how good they are with their feet is going to be the deciding factor? There’s no indication that it ever has been under Clarke.

21 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I think the point was that Gordon is no good with his feet and has played loads of games under Clarke which suggests that Clarke doesn’t view kicking as a key factor when selecting his goalkeeper. 

6 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. I know it’s easy for me to say as I sit on my fat arse at home but there’s a few in there I’d be backing myself to save despite having played about 8 games in goal in my life.

14 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Liam Kelly is the best out the three with the ball at his feet,everyone knows that but you canny admit that cos he is a ex Rangers player that came through our system 

Liam Kelly’s distribution has been pretty dire all season for Motherwell, I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Its still better rhan Gunns though isn't it?Kelly is a good keeper,would have him back at Rangers and you can have Mclaughlin 

I don’t know, I haven’t seen Gunn play in years but if his distribution is worse than Kelly’s this season then it must be truly awful. 

17 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I don’t know, I haven’t seen Gunn play in years but if his distribution is worse than Kelly’s this season then it must be truly awful. 

Kelly isn't terrible though at all its a feuture off his play being good with ball at his feet,ask any manager that he has worked with

Gutted for him that Gunn will play over him after not giving a shit for years about wanting to play for Scotland 

Even McCrorie has been in squads over him dispite kicking a ball all year and that is disgraceful 

Edited by General dissaray

Always hate it when a good thread gets ruined by people posting off topic shite.

Nobody cares abour Gunn anymore, lets get back to Dryhorce and his PCA thread.

Kelly has been poor all season, as far as I have seen.

Clark has had a good spell since coming in for Gordon and is in good form. However I would think I am not alone in not being entirely convinced by him and don't see him as an international goalkeeper.

Gunn - I have only seen in YouTube highlights - does seem a better keeper than both. Perhaps it is because he looks more like an international goalkeeper and that assurance goes a long way.  

On 23/03/2023 at 06:28, KingRocketman II said:

Kelly has been poor all season, as far as I have seen.

Clark has had a good spell since coming in for Gordon and is in good form. However I would think I am not alone in not being entirely convinced by him and don't see him as an international goalkeeper.

Gunn - I have only seen in YouTube highlights - does seem a better keeper than both. Perhaps it is because he looks more like an international goalkeeper and that assurance goes a long way.  

Really yet Motherwell were recently on a unbeaten run untill they got Rangers suppose Kelly had absolutely nothing to do with it then right?