Angus Gunn to declare for Scotland?

Norwich keeper Angus Gunn 26 finally decides he wants to play for us,look I know the keeper area is difficult for us with Gordon injury

Usually as everyone knows I'm not usually opposed to bringing English players in

But this guy aren't even sure if I rate him,never mind us being his last pick

I am willing to have Clarke give him his chance and hope it works out if he is better than Clarke Kelly Mclaughlin 

Is Marshall retired?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I expect he will start in goals for us against Cyprus in March. He was always turning us down before because he believed he could get in the England squad.  With Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale, Jordan Pickford and Dean Henderson all starting for their respective EPL teams, and him stuck playing for a mid table Championship side, he's now well down their pecking order and he knows it. 

With it being unlikely any of our three golden goalies (Marshall, Gordon and McGregor) will ever play for Scotland again and the paucity of Scottish goalkeeping talent behind them, I think Angus Gunn will fancy his chances of being our long term number one. And why not? 

Edited by Lex

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to Angus Gunn to declare for Scotland?

Always thought he looked suspect at Southampton although he didn't play often (always a bad sign mind you) and it was a while ago. Hoping he's improved since then and that if he does decide he wants to play for us that he at least gives us an option given the lack of alternatives out there.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Always thought he looked suspect at Southampton although he didn't play often (always a bad sign mind you) and it was a while ago. Hoping he's improved since then and that if he does decide he wants to play for us that he at least gives us an option given the lack of alternatives out there.

Thats the way I see it as well, its another option for us. And he's playing regularly. If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out. I cant understand any of the negativity.

20230106_155715.jpg.c3560d796c3fe01b95d31c1636fa3036.jpg

He looks alright on this. 

I am a bit torn, I appreciate in international football there's allot of dubious call ups, and Angus is perfectly fine to play for us due to his dad's connection, but he's made it abundantly clear in the past he's not interested, while liking tweets like this below doesn't exactly enamour him with Scotland fans. 

20230106_155909.thumb.jpg.c526a70104992d07a70e83f5316ae75e.jpg