Peterhead v Airdrieonians

All we are saying is give us a goal.

The last time we scored was against Airdrie on November 12th! Surely we are due to score again very soon and hopefully get a win at the same time. Our home record against Airdrie is very poor and I would take a draw as being an improvement on recent results.

4 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

All we are saying is give us a goal.

The last time we scored was against Airdrie on November 12th! Surely we are due to score again very soon and hopefully get a win at the same time. Our home record against Airdrie is very poor and I would take a draw as being an improvement on recent results.

You’re playing against our defence so you’re bound to get at least one! 

Peterhead have improved since the previous visit and really hope you find the recipe to staying up.

Don’t think three goals were in it today but the game just shook out that way in the end.

Was a bit disjointed from Airdrie today but woodwork hit three times, penalty missed and Peterhead keeper MoM would suggest at the sharp end we were creating a little more.

As always a grand place to visit.

Just back after good fish supper in a Stonehaven half hour break. It was just ahead of a very fine mince pie before the game from the kiosk.

Peterhead were better than in August in keeping the game stretched out with sturdy defending but clearly lacking the goal scorer you need in L1. Had the goalie not made some excellent saves from McGill and McCabe, while calmly picking up Smith's pass back penalty, I could have relaxed. 

One slight turning point was Rae's saving tackle on Shanks as I wondered how we would cope with going behind. 

Thought Gallagher's goal was deserved given our attempts and corners in the second half but never saw that last minute flurry coming as we finally saw space in behind . 

Glad to get a win after last week and Kelty await. Think Peterhead could catch Clyde but it will be a hard road. 

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Certainly something of a different look at an away day, well done. Be interesting to see what the ref was seeing all afternoon,

I tend only to complain about refs when we win and although he has a kind of officiousness about him and I watched David Robertson comments on how he saw it yesterday, I'm struggling to think of much controversy. I know that Gallagher cl aimed hand ball right away but we did graciously pass the penalty back to the goalie, who was excellent by the way. 

I did hear groans from the home fans but it's the lack of goal scorers that explains your current position. I do enjoy my trips to Peterhead and I hope you make a fight of it. 

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I tend only to complain about refs when we win and although he has a kind of officiousness about him and I watched David Robertson comments on how he saw it yesterday, I'm struggling to think of much controversy. I know that Gallagher cl aimed hand ball right away but we did graciously pass the penalty back to the goalie, who was excellent by the way. 

I did hear groans from the home fans but it's the lack of goal scorers that explains your current position. I do enjoy my trips to Peterhead and I hope you make a fight of it. 

I know it always seems to be the world & his dog is against you when at the bottom of the league but we have not had a break at all this season. From our side the forward pushed our defender which may have led to the ball catching his arm. We got away with that with the keeper saving it. Thought our luck had possibly changed as we got away with a bit of help from the woodwork & could have been well behind. Poor defending from us for your first with nobody on the post. Not sure about the 2nd pen as there was no reason to take him down & off course got posted missing for the 3rd although some reckon it was offside but i could not tell about that. At the end of the day we were well beat but most of us have seen an improvement in the last couple weeks & have to hope things go our way before long.