The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

11 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Continues another week.  Has anybody actually impressed?  Joe was the one person who I liked so far this series :lol: 

I assume by liked you don't mean you thought he was good? Utterly useless.

I had Reece pegged as third least worst before his departure which was somewhat disappointing. Before last night I had thought Simba was the least worst almost by default but probably not any more.

While I agree this lot are absolutely hopeless at nearly every task they do, I don't get how this task was ever going to work! 

Create a corporate away day for clients you have no idea who they are or what they are looking for, you don't know what they are willing to spend but you have to budget your corporate day before this. 

You choose the luxury food choice at 500 quid or what ever it was but they make you, a complete amateur cook it, either on a boat in a microwave or on a BBQ??  What chance did they have? Still tho, order enough drinks ya stupid c**t! 

5 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

While I agree this lot are absolutely hopeless at nearly every task they do, I don't get how this task was ever going to work! 

Create a corporate away day for clients you have no idea who they are or what they are looking for, you don't know what they are willing to spend but you have to budget your corporate day before this. 

You choose the luxury food choice at 500 quid or what ever it was but they make you, a complete amateur cook it, either on a boat in a microwave or on a BBQ??  What chance did they have? Still tho, order enough drinks ya stupid c**t! 

Aye it's definitely set up to make them fail. It's the same with the task where they have to make a product/advert etc. They do it and THEN they go to a focus group who always tear into it but then they aren't allowed to take that information on board and make the necessary changes before going into a meeting with companies. 

It's a lot of shite. As I say it's purely for entertainment purposes now and I do still find myself cringing and laughing so I stick with it. 

10 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I was fully expecting a nil-nil draw there. 

Best episode ever, though, but for all the wrong reasons. 

"the rap was worse than the game" from a 7 year old was brilliant! 

Yip. My exact thoughts as well. Was truly gobsmacked a side actually won there. 

9 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

This season is truly pish. They’re all abysmal, but not even in an entertaining way.

At least last season there was three episodes in a row where a team designed something that looked like a jobby.

It's incredible. As I said to my Mrs last night: there's normally one who looks slightly less shite but I honestly can't pick anyone who fits that bill this year. 

Imagine losing to a pre-school lunch box that couldn't fit any sandwiches in it! 

I get that it must be hard to create an app out of nothing but have they never seen The Apprentice before? The make the same shite every year, then you get a group of kids telling them it's shite when it's too late to change it! 

I can't believe any of them ordered that lunchbox, Sugar must have told them please just pick one so we have a winner! 

Agree that they are all shite this year, how Avi is still in it I'll never know, the guy is absolutely hopeless but none of them stand out at all this year! 

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Bull-shit they'd have sold 1500 of that shite :lol:

This is a recurring theme on the Apprentice. Every series they develop products which are totally sh#t yet we are expected to believe that the corporate clients order 100s or even 1000s of units. Same with the ' experience' tasks - who pays £100s per head to attend an event organised by complete novices?

On 16/02/2023 at 21:47, 19QOS19 said:

Bull-shit they'd have sold 1500 of that shite :lol:

They ordered it for a younger age group. At least the colour and shape looked attractive in some way as opposed to a brown treasure chest.

It’s always a case of too many cooks with tasks like that and people want some input and chime in then some group members are too polite to say no and then you end up with a total clusterfuck. One person with one simple idea would make the product infinitely better. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

They ordered it for a younger age group. At least the colour and shape looked attractive in some way as opposed to a brown treasure chest.

It’s always a case of too many cooks with tasks like that and people want some input and chime in then some group members are too polite to say no and then you end up with a total clusterfuck. One person with one simple idea would make the product infinitely better. 

They did but that shouldn't have been allowed as it wasn't the brief. The buyers should have been under instruction that they were only to place orders if they thought it would be suitable for ages 6-8. If that part of the task is irrelevant then they should just say "for kids" from now on.