The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought that was the point of her gyms though. For folk who've had some shit times to come out the other side via her gym? 

Rochelle has had a shop for 10 years and still has the one but thinks she'll now be opening one a year? WTF? Marnie can't lose this surely. 

I have just been watching a fair bit of Limmy recently and I am monitoring egregious acts of trauma dumping as a consequence. 

On 17/03/2023 at 15:39, Newbornbairn said:

Either it's being edited that way (very likely) or the interviewers are all out to out-Claude Claude. 

The interviews are always the best part of the show. "You say you're a Director of a multi million pound company but I called the Managing Director and he says you're a cleaner"

Karen Brady in particular was being a deliberate arsehole this year. They've spent an entire series referring to her as 'Karen' alongside 'Tim' in context only for her to come over all "its Baroness Brady to you" in the interviews. Smug cow!

I've ranted before too about Sugar insisting on massaging his ego by having contestants constantly refer to him by "Sir Alan" or "Lord Sugar" in person.

Anyway, final was completely pointless this year despite Sugar's attempts to pretend there was any closeness or tension in it. It was obvious within about 10 mins of the interview stage who was winning. I'm actually surprised the final 5 wasnt more manipulated unless all of the other fired competitors really were appalling. Two of the final five had no viable business at all (& shit business plans) and Megan's was too left field and far away from working to go any further. I'm certain Sugar had zero interest in opening a 2nd London branch of a hairdressers either but at least it was a working business so Rochelle made the final by default. The alternative was to call the series a week early! 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

It's depressingly sexist to look at what the female winners do in business -

2022 - cake shop

2019 - bakers

2018 - fashion swimwear

2017 - sweets

2016  - cake shop

2013 - make up

This year we had hair extensions, a hairdresser and sweets. Marnie at least was doing something less stereotypical. 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

2013 - make up

This year we had hair extensions, a hairdresser and sweets. Marnie at least was doing something less stereotypical. 

Leah Totten? She was a surgeon who opened a cosmetic clinic. Bit simplistic to dismiss it as "make up".

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, it had to be her. And I’ve just won £80.

Fuming at myself for not doing the same.  She was clearly going to win for weeks.

She'd have won anyway but Rochelle deciding to do the TV advert instead of the interactive thing was just stupid.  Literally standing with hairdryers while the 2 guys (still love Joe!) haven't a clue what they are doing.

17 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Fuming at myself for not doing the same.  She was clearly going to win for weeks.

She'd have won anyway but Rochelle deciding to do the TV advert instead of the interactive thing was just stupid.  Literally standing with hairdryers while the 2 guys (still love Joe!) haven't a clue what they are doing.

When she got to the final 5 I had a think and thought she had done well in tasks and couldn't really remember being in the boardroom a lot, or at all.  As soon as I found out what her business plan was I stuck the money on her.  I knew she had won last week when, as I said after last weeks show, Sugar's mates were going into the intricate details of the lease she already has, while the rest of the candidates weren't even getting the basic numbers of their plans correct and getting them torn to shreds as a result.

Glad to see Marnie win. 
Rochelle was fucked when she chucked teammates under the bus, and then decided to pal around instead of designing her salon, Marnie had the intelligence of designing her own and entrusting others. 

On 24/03/2023 at 08:18, Newbornbairn said:

2022 - cake shop

2019 - bakers

2018 - fashion swimwear

2017 - sweets

2016  - cake shop

2013 - make up

Talking of sexist, it's interesting we're hearing nothing about tbe final 5 all being female. Imagine the furore (just from Brady too) if they had been all male......

• 10 months later...