The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

2 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Greenie for Sam Fender references 

Had to look that up. Have his Seventeen Going Under album but yet to listen to his other stuff. Genuinely had no idea that was a song :lol: Great minds and all that...

25 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

I moan about this every year but I wish they just show more of the interviews and less of them sitting on the couch or in the lift! 

Agreed and they always show the negative comments from the interviewers. I bet each of these interviews are half an hour long at the very least, would it kill the BBC to show them saying something positive? Megans just said there on BBC2 some of the advice Claude gave in the interview was invaluable, could we not at least seen some of that aswell instead of painting them all to be muppets?

Last year I think they had an all woman interview stage for a ‘ra-ra we are strong’ type story, this year I genuinely think the 4 who aren’t Marnie were let through solely for entertainment value in this stage.

It would be interesting to see an actual business being scrutinised at this stage i.e Mark’s pest control thing, Bradley’s building company or Reece’s theatre school, fs even Avi’s educational tv thing might have been interesting here. But instead these interviewers are just ripping apart 4 run of the mill but glamorised money laundering schemes and a then a gym (where she expects staff to work for free lmao)

The Scouse cow getting torn to shreds was a really good long play comeuppance story right enough 🤭

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Last year I think they had an all woman interview stage for a ‘ra-ra we are strong’ type story, this year I genuinely think the 4 who aren’t Marnie were let through solely for entertainment value in this stage.

The Scouse cow getting torn to shreds was a really good long play comeuppance story right enough 🤭

Brady destroying her was utterly glorious, although I thought all the interviewers had a particular go at her. Maybe she is as unpleasant, nasty and vacuous as she appeared.

1 hour ago, bs1903 said:

Agreed and they always show the negative comments from the interviewers. I bet each of these interviews are half an hour long at the very least, would it kill the BBC to show them saying something positive? Megans just said there on BBC2 some of the advice Claude gave in the interview was invaluable, could we not at least seen some of that aswell instead of painting them all to be muppets?

It's not meant to be a heart-warming learning experience for the viewers. It's a mean spirited laugh at the twats. More making them cry i say. 

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Brady destroying her was utterly glorious, although I thought all the interviewers had a particular go at her. Maybe she is as unpleasant, nasty and vacuous as she appeared.

I have to admit, I thought she got off very lightly considering what her BP was. It's literally a hobby she thinks can be turned into a business. It's pile sweet into a box ffs. The way they are presented is a honking USP. What kid (or adult) genuinely gives a f**k how a pick and mix is presented? You buy that stuff for the content, not the design. She is completely deluded if she thinks that'll be a success. Sugar saying keep it as a hobby sums it up. I hope she takes that advice or she's going to be very poor. 

Why do these dafties even enter though? Doesn't Sugar get 50%? How thick do you have to be to choose The Apprentice over Dragons Den? These folk clearly only want prolonged airtime. 

Can only see Marnie winning from here, as soon as you heard the business plans there was only one winner. 

How scouse girl got this far I'll never know, she was shite in the tasks and her business plan was brutal, "Instagram able" pick n mix? Who gives a f**k! 

Brady also extra bitchy tonight, baroness Brady to you and her I live in Belgravia its very expensive, f**k off you stuck up cow! 

Also all the way through it couldn't help but think Dani was Eddie Murphy in a white girl costume when he plays all the parts in a scene like Coming to America! 

11 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

Comfortably the worst bunch of business ideas so far in a series of The Apprentice. Especially disappointing after a really good episode of Dragons Den

The business ideas were absolute b@llocks,. Imagine going in to Dragon's Den asking for £250k for a pick and mix kiosk. Also their expectations that employees would work for free or a pittance (£12.50/hr in Belgravia!) was really quite shocking although that probably appealed to his lordship.

1 hour ago, Albertlegend said:

Can only see Marnie winning from here, as soon as you heard the business plans there was only one winner. 

How scouse girl got this far I'll never know, she was shite in the tasks and her business plan was brutal, "Instagram able" pick n mix? Who gives a f**k! 

Brady also extra bitchy tonight, baroness Brady to you and her I live in Belgravia its very expensive, f**k off you stuck up cow! 

Also all the way through it couldn't help but think Dani was Eddie Murphy in a white girl costume when he plays all the parts in a scene like Coming to America! 

Eddie Murphy could have been all of them tbf 

The PT's working for free I think came across wrong.  What Marnie (I think) means is that they'll be self-employed.  She won't pay them a salary.  Which happens in a lot of gyms. Their clients pay them directly and are allowed to use the gym for training their clients.  The PT's obviously pay the gym for the use of it.

It's common practice in the fitness world.