The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Isn't Venom a drink btw? And a green coloured drink as well. I did wonder if they were told to change it to Anti-Venom for copyright issues? 

According to a quick google search you are correct but they could have got round a copyright issue one way or another without calling it anti venom which was a contradictory name considering the product came out of a snake. The fact nobody picked up on that issue shows just how awful their product was.

I don’t think the concept of it being a snake is bad at all tbh, would quite like it coming out of a viscous looking cobras mouth even though it wouldn’t be for everyone and I do think Bradley got let down a bit. Also I think the box looked pretty cool.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

According to a quick google search you are correct but they could have got round a copyright issue one way or another without calling it anti venom which was a contradictory name considering the product came out of a snake. The fact nobody picked up on that issue shows just how awful their product was.

I don’t think the concept of it being a snake is bad at all tbh, would quite like it coming out of a viscous looking cobras mouth even though it wouldn’t be for everyone and I do think Bradley got let down a bit. Also I think the box looked pretty cool.

Yeah but you would have the moisturiser coming out a giant phallus shaped bottle  so a snake is marginally better 

9 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Yeah but you would have the moisturiser coming out a giant phallus shaped bottle  so a snake is marginally better 

If I was to design it from scratch I would make it phallus themed but all I’m saying is the overall concept of it being a snake and even the product being green isn’t that it was just horrifically executed. 

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's honestly hilarious how shite they are. Ever since it changed to an investment the reality is Sugar knows who's winning fairly early on regardless. But we usually have one or two who we expect to get to the final. I honestly can't say there is a single person who has been decent throughout. 

Of who's left, Simba, Marnie and Megan are the least annoying for me and I wouldn't be against any of them winning.

Rochelle thinks she's gorgeous and fantastic and she's actually a bit of an arsehole and comes across as particularly useless. 

Victoria has been very impressive in as much as she has done absolutely f**k all throughout yet has come this far. 

Dani's accent is very irritating, she's useless as well and any time we get a side on look at her it makes me genuinely sad that lassies think that's a good look. She looks absolutely awful. 

Isn't Venom a drink btw? And a green coloured drink as well. I did wonder if they were told to change it to Anti-Venom for copyright issues? 

The venom drink trademark registration covers class 32 and 33. Cosmetics and toiletries are class 3. Marvel has a registration for that but it's probably too common a word to be registered as a word and that will likely cover it written in a specific way. 

Apologies for dullness. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

The venom drink trademark registration covers class 32 and 33. Cosmetics and toiletries are class 3. Marvel has a registration for that but it's probably too common a word to be registered as a word and that will likely cover it written in a specific way. 

Apologies for dullness. 

You could spell it Ven0m or some shite like that and it wouldn’t have mattered. Does the fact it came directly out of a snake yet was called Anti Venom not annoy anyone else expect for me?

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

You could spell it Ven0m or some shite like that and it wouldn’t have mattered. Does the fact it came directly out of a snake yet was called Anti Venom not annoy anyone else expect for me?

Barely registered on the idiocy scale tbh. Should have called it snake oil, that would have been appropriate.

1 hour ago, Albertlegend said:

Was the issue with the name not due to the fact that they didn't want the idea of putting poison in their face? 

It was. 

It doesn’t seem to have put the vain off injecting themselves with Botox though, so probably wouldn’t have mattered.

2 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Was the issue with the name not due to the fact that they didn't want the idea of putting poison in their face? 

Why use a snake in the first place then?

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The reason was that a snake sheds its skin.

I'm not saying it's a good reason, or even makes any sense 

Oh yeah I remember that - it still seems ridiculous that you’d make it come from a snake and then call It anti venom. Just go with the snake theme and pretend it’s poison as your selling point or just don’t use a snake at all. Nobody will look at that and get the shedding skin reference 🤣

On 06/03/2023 at 14:28, coprolite said:

Barely registered on the idiocy scale tbh. Should have called it snake oil, that would have been appropriate.

Surprised Sugar didn't come up with that one - would have made Karren Brady guffaw at least. 

Usually by now you've got an idea of the potential winners but not a clue this time around. Megan and Simba have probably been okay so far? Marnie seems like the sort of candidate he'd have gotten rid of for being 'difficult to work with' before now. But the fact he hasn't means she's maybe got a half-decent business plan. For doing nothing other than point out the inadequacies of other candidates, has Victoria even been PM yet? 

Avi deserved to go but I'd have enjoyed seeing him in the interviews. His business idea was AviTV which would only have gone down well.