The Apprentice 2023

Michael W

I always watch the apprentice, loved it. Have hated Alan Sugar more and more each year, mainly cause he's a rich tory p***k. But this year will be my last watching it. Absolute pish TV now. Turned from genuine folk in series 1, wanting jobs, trying to better themselves, to brown nose, snotty clowns who wouldn't last a day in the real world. 

Oh and Karen Brady is a horrible horrible cow

Rant over

34 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I always watch the apprentice, loved it. Have hated Alan Sugar more and more each year, mainly cause he's a rich tory p***k. But this year will be my last watching it. Absolute pish TV now. Turned from genuine folk in series 1, wanting jobs, trying to better themselves, to brown nose, snotty clowns who wouldn't last a day in the real world. 

Completely agree. Maybe it's just my age and 30 odd years of 'work' experience, but every single one of them seem completely useless, and if they were in my former workplace would just be laughed at.

Reece’s team were cringe inducing throughout.

The scouse girl is horrid (obv she’s scouse), the woman insisting upon yogita is a pain in the arse aswell.

correct sacking this week though. Got more respect for trying and making an arse of it than just not participating.

Last night's "cartoons" were absolutely brutal, my 4 year old wouldn't watch either, I get thr inclusivity thing but have them doing something exciting, solving crimes or rescuing people or shut like that, not two handles girls slapping each other around! 

I say it every year, what's the point of consumer research if its done after its too late to change anything?

Think I'm at the stage now where I just watch this to say how annoyed I am! 

On 19/01/2023 at 22:24, pleslie99 said:

Oh and Karen Brady is a horrible horrible cow

Rant over

On 19/01/2023 at 23:02, Soapy FFC said:

Completely agree. Maybe it's just my age and 30 odd years of 'work' experience, but every single one of them seem completely useless, and if they were in my former workplace would just be laughed at.

It's effectively a sitcom now. No one can be watching this thinking it's a serious business show, Shirley? £250k for that bellend is probably the equivalent of you or I throwing away £20. He'll make the majority of that back through the programme as well. 

It's quite clear he doesn't want much to do with them since making it an investment rather than hire any of the balloons. 

The Indian woman was a pain in the arse last week. She seemed determined to get into an argument about race. No one was arguing because of the name, they were arguing that it was too complicated for a 3 year old. She should have been sacked for not grasping that! Name the Giraffe 'Harpreet' and it would have been easier and still given her the Indian name she so desperately wanted. 

The Scottish boy clearly has a decent plan or he should have walked yesterday. Two separate occasions he failed to listen to what he was told and as a result the team were lead a merry dance through Brighton. 

Reece must be on borrowed time. Talks a lot, but isn't actually very good. As highlighted above, he seems incapable of listening. If he's on the losing team next week then he's probably going. 

Shazia is starting to irritate me. She rolls her eyes when talking and her contributions seem to amount to little other than snark. She also looks a bit like Suella Braverman, which doesn't help her. 

On 26/01/2023 at 23:16, Albertlegend said:

I could also have sworn the guy said on the phone the Asparagus was picked today! 

Watched that bit again to be sure as I was the same, whether it's true or the editing he asks "was it picked today" & the response is "we open @ 2.30"

This was the funniest episode by far.

Bradley acting like his acting was class in the advert.
Avi asking who knew what onomatopoeia was.
Bradley then throwing everyone under the bus at the presentation.
The guy at the presentation telling them ZipZap was a shite name.

Thank f**k Shazia is gone.