Cove v QP

Another big game which almost has a different feel to it being top of the league for the first time. Doesn’t mean that cove will be underestimated in the slightest by any means. They took a thumping last week but they’ve always been strong at home and I’m always wary of playing teams that have just sacked their manager. Noticed that two of Cove’s better players in Johnston and Sanders have been recalled from their parent clubs which is a boost for us as they seem to have done a really decent job for them. 

As for us, we just need to continue in the same manner as we have for the last 2 months. We’ve been outstanding and the football we’ve produced has been a joy to watch. We didn’t have Thomas or Fox playing in the last 2-0 defeat against Cove so fingers crossed there’s no repeat of the performance or score line this time.

We’ve won every single game since Fox has returned from his 3 months out which reinforces my opinion that Fox is comfortably a Scottish premiership level defender and now he’s looking fully match sharp again. The lineup picks itself nowadays so I doubt there will be any changes from the thistle game 

Edited by qpfc

Finally after 28 years in Essex I get to attend a game without travelling a very long way. Last game I attended in person, Andy Robertson was playing. Now I’m living a 20 minute drive from Cove. Handy for Cove away but not much else.

Edited by harlowspider

Looking forward to this one. Will be a tough game and we don't have a great record up there, but with how we have been playing, we do have reason to be fairly confident. Every game is hugely important now with how well we have done to be fair

Saturday feels like it's going to come far too soon for us.

We've lost Johnston and Sanders back to Motherwell and Killie respectively. Logan is out with a calf injury and Gilmour is likely out until the end of the season I was just told today. 4 regulars down and although we'll get a manager announced today, 1 training session and about 48 hours to bring bodies in isn't ideally preparation for a game against the inform Spiders.

QP have been outstanding of late. Sitting top of the pack and rightly so, some first half of the season from the club going for 3 straight promotions! Great balance of creativity and speed up top coupled with a strong back line with Fox a colossus.

We are generally strong at home. Return of Hartley could give us a bounce but a draw under the circumstances would be a progressive result.

Our predicted starting lineup below looks severely weakened. Full back area being a big worry. Ross is more a CB and Towler just isn't good enough at this stage in his career. To be honest that starting lineup is a few steps back from last season

CovQP.PNG

Our last defeat was at Cove back in early November. Since then, seven straight wins with goals at 22-4. Is there anyone else in Britain on that form just now? Cove are never easy but we can only lose this if half the team have an off-day. Not likely. Every good run comes to an end but not this week. 3 points heading to Glasgow.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Saturday feels like it's going to come far too soon for us.

We've lost Johnston and Sanders back to Motherwell and Killie respectively. Logan is out with a calf injury and Gilmour is likely out until the end of the season I was just told today. 4 regulars down and although we'll get a manager announced today, 1 training session and about 48 hours to bring bodies in isn't ideally preparation for a game against the inform Spiders.

QP have been outstanding of late. Sitting top of the pack and rightly so, some first half of the season from the club going for 3 straight promotions! Great balance of creativity and speed up top coupled with a strong back line with Fox a colossus.

We are generally strong at home. Return of Hartley could give us a bounce but a draw under the circumstances would be a progressive result.

Our predicted starting lineup below looks severely weakened. Full back area being a big worry. Ross is more a CB and Towler just isn't good enough at this stage in his career. To be honest that starting lineup is a few steps back from last season

CovQP.PNG

Wouldn't be surprised with a back 3 of Reynolds, Ross and Neill with Scully and Yule being played at wing back until we bring in the reinforcements.

Edited by CRFC Blue

This level of confidence and expectancy is making me dizzy and nervous.
‘New’ manager for Cove will probably have some impact but got to be hopeful for a Queen’s win. I’m not convinced of their current defensive options and our front three are our biggest assets.

No squad changes for me.

2 minutes ago, CRFC Blue said:

Wouldn't be surprised with a back 3 of Reynolds, Ross and Neill with Scully and Yule being played at wing back until we bring in the reinforcements.

Yeah could see that. Our fan base is spilt for Morgyn I feel. For me he doesn't have the pace for that Championship and alongside Reynolds, who's error prone, I get the ultimate fear. Scott's got some pace but hasn't been a regular this season. Agree definitely need reinforcements in defence.

Hopefully he's realised from the stands that Gerry is a lost cause. 

We'll know by the first signing or two how big a pile cash he's been given.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Our last defeat was at Cove back in early November. Since then, seven straight wins with goals at 22-4. Is there anyone else in Britain on that form just now? Cove are never easy but we can only lose this if half the team have an off-day. Not likely. Every good run comes to an end but not this week. 3 points heading to Glasgow.

Think Thomas was a massive miss that game and we were without Fox so we are going into the game in a better position. Cove will be looking to bounce back after that pumping off Caley which gives me the fear 

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah could see that. Our fan base is spilt for Morgyn I feel. For me he doesn't have the pace for that Championship and alongside Reynolds, who's error prone, I get the ultimate fear. Scott's got some pace but hasn't been a regular this season. Agree definitely need reinforcements in defence.

Hopefully he's realised from the stands that Gerry is a lost cause. 

We'll know by the first signing or two how big a pile cash he's been given.

Both formations are possible but I think he will go with 3 centre backs and the 2 wide men as he liked his 3-5-2 formation previously. Agreed that this game is too soon for Cove after Hartley's return. Pretty sure in their current form Queens will win this one.

We've lost only 1 in our last 5 league awaydays and that was to Cove. I don't think we were awful in early November but Cove took their chances and we were a bit huffy and puffy without too much final quality. I expect a QP win but defo a tough 3 points. 

Paul Hartley returns eh, how exciting. 

Reverse score this time, QP 2-0 win.

I'm still a little bitter about the way Cove Board Members behaved when they came to Hampden, I shouldn't apply that to all Cove fans of course but a little bitterness and needle in football ain't gonna hurt. 

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I'm still a little bitter about the way Cove Board Members behaved when they came to Hampden, I shouldn't apply that to all Cove fans of course but a little bitterness and needle in football ain't gonna hurt. 

?

Really decent opportunity to go 4 points clear tomorrow after tonight’s result. Fingers crossed we do the business. You’d bite your hand off for Dundee to take 1 point from 6 against Arbroath and Raith 

19 minutes ago, qpfc said:

You’d bite your hand off for Dundee to take 1 point from 6 against Arbroath and Raith 

100%. Huge opportunity to really stamp our position on the top spot - without getting carried away of course. 

Not an easy game for us. Cove will be up for it after their thumping last week by Caley and with the return of Hartley to provide a bit of grit. I just hope we can maintain the standards we have set ourselves but still worry that a slump is going to hit our form at some point.

No slump today though, 2-0 Queens.

22 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We've lost only 1 in our last 5 league awaydays and that was to Cove. I don't think we were awful in early November but Cove took their chances and we were a bit huffy and puffy without too much final quality. I expect a QP win but defo a tough 3 points. 

Paul Hartley returns eh, how exciting. 

Reverse score this time, QP 2-0 win.

What happened with the Cove board?