Week 18

lichtie23

Latest rumour I've read from the blue ticks on twitter is that week 19 (if you will) will be Bills vs Bengals and the 3 NFC wild card games with the AFC playoff teams sitting out, then week 20 will be the AFC wildcard playoffs with the NFC teams sitting out. There would only then be one week between the championship games and super bowl.

That setup would probably suit Buffalo more than anyone.

14 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Latest rumour I've read from the blue ticks on twitter is that week 19 (if you will) will be Bills vs Bengals and the 3 NFC wild card games with the AFC playoff teams sitting out, then week 20 will be the AFC wildcard playoffs with the NFC teams sitting out. There would only then be one week between the championship games and super bowl.

That setup would probably suit Buffalo more than anyone.

That seems a really good way of doing it IMO 

45 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

That seems a really good way of doing it IMO 

It's not terrible, but i'm not sure the #1 Seeds (Assuming the AFC's is KC) will be that delighted with a 3 week break.

A bye week is great for recovery, but 3 weeks is hard to maintain intensity.

A bonus for the NFC Wild Card winners too

Edited by Todd_is_God

Play the suspended MNF game next Wednesday, then punt both teams (assuming Bills fail to grab #1) playoff openers until the following Monday. It's likely it would only affect Cinci, and while 3 games in 8 days is far from ideal and it's not a situation of Cinci's own doing, that would mean there is no disruption to other teams and the schedule can go ahead as planned otherwise.

The situation sucks, and I totally get why there are so many people saying the only important thing is Hamlin's health and the mental state of the Buffalo players, but the NFL can't set a precedent for allowing a serious injury to one player to throw the entire NFL schedule into chaos. I think this particular instance is unique because of the traumatic effect of watching Hamlin receive CPR on the field, but it's far from the first time teammates have had to watch own of their own depart in an ambulance after a potentially life threatening/changing injury on the field. 

TBH I think the lack of clarity over the past 48 hours is as much about the NFL being terrified that they schedule the game, something catastrophic happens shortly beforehand, and they league is accused of callous indifference. There's no way there would be this degree of indecision and lack of clarity if the game had simply been abandoned due to freak weather etc. The NFL is obsessed with protecting it's own image, not protecting the health and privacy of players, so I doubt the lack of announcement is genuinely out of respect and compassion for Hamlin, his family, and his teammates. They're holding off to see if there are developments with Hamlin's health before they figure out what they can get away with IMO.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

TBH I think the lack of clarity over the past 48 hours is as much about the NFL being terrified that they schedule the game, something catastrophic happens shortly beforehand, and they league is accused of callous indifference.

There's also a very nasty undertone brewing that combines histrionics and racial tensions IMO

20 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Will watch YouTube highlights tomorrow. Always try to click on the video and then not look at the picture, as it gives away who wins.

Wish YouTube would just have a picture of both teams logos or something neutral.

This is my issue. If you see a thumbnail of Derrick Henry stiff arming a defender you know the Titans have won 

YouTube do decent highlights of the Draft too, usually in 10 pick segments and it cuts out all of the rubbish in between picks.

However, it will have pictures. So I caught an image of Trey Lance stretching a red Jersey and thought 'well he must have gone to the Niners then'. Bit of a pain.

Mahomes getting a soft roughing the passer call against Max Crosby on a failed 3rd and long in your own endzone.

The worst rule in the nfl bar none. If you are on the field you can't be treated differently with regard to tackling. I understand defenceless but a hand brushing your helmet (insert joke) is bull.

36 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

Mahomes getting a soft roughing the passer call against Max Crosby on a failed 3rd and long in your own endzone.

The worst rule in the nfl bar none. If you are on the field you can't be treated differently with regard to tackling. I understand defenceless but a hand brushing your helmet (insert joke) is bull.

I agree, hate the troughing the passer calls, also hate that QBs can go on a run and slide at the end, if they run beyond the line of scrimmage they should be considered a runner and not allowed to slide! 

3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Will watch YouTube highlights tomorrow. Always try to click on the video and then not look at the picture, as it gives away who wins.

Wish YouTube would just have a picture of both teams logos or something neutral.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

This is my issue. If you see a thumbnail of Derrick Henry stiff arming a defender you know the Titans have won 

Don't come on this thread first thing.

I will more than likely be raging throughout the night, or, Derrick Henry's arm won't be the only thing getting.... you get my drift!

1 year of the Josh McDaniels experience complete.

I fully expect this diddy to be canned after a second consecutive 6-11 in 2023 and we’ll be back here roughly a year from now trying to figure out which HC is the best option to fix things.

Happy new year.