The Bairns Vs The Mo

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The general level of refereeing at this level is awful. Especially since VAR was introduced in the top flight which takes away 2 grade 1 refs per game.ย 

Absolutely true and they really should be using retired refs where possible for var. They donโ€™t need to be fit obviously.ย 

Just now, Rugster said:

Absolutely true and they really should be using retired refs where possible for var. They donโ€™t need to be fit obviously.ย 

I'm astonished they haven't been doing this to be honest. Makes no sense to have match fit referees staring at a screen.

43 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm astonished they haven't been doing this to be honest. Makes no sense to have match fit referees staring at a screen.

I think Andrew Dallas is retired through injury. The only one I know of. At least I think he is as I donโ€™t recall him actually refereeing a match in years.ย 

I donโ€™t usually like to post straight after a game but how bad was that ref?! Donโ€™t think he got anything correct all game.

the performance of the Montrose players just mirrors Petrie and Campbell from the bench, bitch and moan about every decision.

falkirk did ok today, Henderson made a difference in midfield, Rowe looked a good competent right back, Kennedy really looks like heโ€™s hitting form. Our central defence is a wild adventure though, poor distribution and look like headless chickens when a high ball goes near them

Thought we were worthy of the win but have to say thatโ€™s the worst ref performance Iโ€™ve ever seen. Iโ€™m 56 and have seen some howlers but that ๐Ÿคก today took things to a new level. He was honking for both sides, gave and missed some crazy decisions.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Well deserved win. Montrose were very direct, very physical and naughty at times.ย 
Nesbitt benefitted having Henderson and Donaldson behind him and had his best game for a good while. Rowe had a fine debut.
The โ€œgoalโ€ early on was really odd. It was not over the line when it came down off the bar but looked like it may have spun back and bounced into the roof of the net. Need to see again though.ย 
Montrose can moan all they want about the second goal but their keeper should be saving that.ย 
People moaning about the CHโ€™s frustrates me. Montrose pumped it long all day to McAlistair and Webster who are two giants. It is not easy to handle that approach.ย 
3 points - take it and move onto Clyde hopefully with 2/3 to boost the squad.ย 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Montrose can moan all they want about the second goal but their keeper should be saving that.ย 

I thought the keeper was at fault for both goals. He should never have gone for the cross ball in the first place. However, he did have a couple of good saves later on that kept us in the game. As for the foul prior to the second goal, that was ridiculous to let play go on after that. The keeper shouldn't have had a save to make. I never saw the "goal" incident so can't comment. On a better day, we might have got a draw. We've played worse and won games.

4 hours ago, kiddy said:

With the top 2 playing each other, getting the W chalked up is a must.

ย 

2 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

Howโ€™s the Mo keeper doing out of interest?

About summed ย that game up, they got the W. Completely woeful. back to the chaotic play with no defined plan.

Thought 2-0 flattered The Bairns enormously, then ended up hanging on at the death.

Refereeing was utterly abysmal. Not surprised Mo weโ€™re raging at the 2nd. I thought Nesbit had lost control, then lunged into the challenge & how that tackle near the end of the game wasnโ€™t a straight red was beyond me.

I thought the young keeper had a good game. Pulled off 3/4 really good saves was unfortunate to palm out straight to an opposing player for the first & was well beaten by a dipping shot for the 2nd.

His lack of height might count against him but looked a decent prospect.

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

ย 

About summed ย that game up, they got the W. Completely woeful. back to the chaotic play with no defined plan.

Thought 2-0 flattered The Bairns enormously, then ended up hanging on at the death.

Refereeing was utterly abysmal. Not surprised Mo weโ€™re raging at the 2nd. I thought Nesbit had lost control, then lunged into the challenge & how that tackle near the end of the game wasnโ€™t a straight red was beyond me.

I thought the young keeper had a good game. Pulled off 3/4 really good saves was unfortunate to palm out straight to an opposing player for the first & was well beaten by a dipping shot for the 2nd.

What a load of fuckin pish ๐Ÿ˜‚

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

ย 

2-0 flattered us, ย but the keeper pulled off 3/4 really good saves?ย 
ย 

Just f**k off, kiddy.ย 

10 minutes ago, kiddy said:

ย 

Beautiful, salty tears from this Montrose fan.ย 

Oh wait!ย