The Bairns Vs The Mo

Don’t think Montrose did near enough to get close to winning this, Webby missing a decent chance in first half and Lyons should probably have done better when through on the keeper in the second half. 

That said, Falkirk created plenty of chances and young Ross made a few decent saves, he should be happy with how he played. Lack of height never helped for the second goal. 

Badly missing a permanent right back. Thought Mcallister did a lot of running with little support, really missed CJ today. Lyons looks way short of confidence and Webby is a fair bit off his performance levels of previous seasons 

As has been said, ref was atrocious, for both teams. Let a lot of time wasting go, but would have been happy with that had it been us holding on to a lead 

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Still can’t believe the referee/assistant didn’t give that corner. Hilarious man.

As unbelievable or hilarious as the non-foul prior to the second goal?

Everyone in the stadium seen that as a free kick apart from the tw@t with the whistle. 

Just now, PortyMo said:

Everyone in the stadium seen that as a free kick apart from the tw@t with the whistle. 

The best part about that is he really thought about giving it, whistle was at the ready and then he shat it.

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

check from this angle it looks like Nesbitt wins the ball (I think it was a foul but this angle say different) and we should have had a PK after a foul by Dillon on Henderson a bit later. 
The referee was horrific all round 

Edited by Back Post Misses

After the way the ref was booed off at half time I reckon he's absolutely shat out of penalising Nesbitt for that. Thought it was a foul at the time and still do - one of about a dozen terrible decisions he made. We didnt get a stonewall penalty shortly after that so I suppose it was evened up in a way. Dillon lucky not to be sent off as well. The Montrose goalie should also have easily saved the shot (deflected or not) tbf 

13 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not over the line for me, just the net being rippled by the player as the ball bounces out. Should have scored but still a really good debut by Rowe overall, a bit more fitness and match sharpness and he'll be a great addition 

Definitely not over the line for me Clive

I thought the challenge by Mackie near the end where the Montrose player got injured could have been a straight red too, would like to see it again but it looked a bad one and I thought he was lucky just get booked. Mind you I also thought on another day Dillon could have had about 5 yellow cards, but that’s just the norm for him.

16 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Looks like rival fans are unanimous in this one. Despite Falkirk winning and us Mo fans feeling aggrieved,  we are as one in saying that the referee was feckin abysmal.  

Every week the refereeing seems to get worse and worse. That was comical at times yesterday.