The Bairns Vs The Mo

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So is that down to Petrie or a simple lack of funds being made available to him.

Both I reckon. Petrie is too loyal to certain players and we simply don’t have the money compared to other clubs especially with 4 full time teams in the league that makes it even harder to compete.

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Feels like we haven't beaten Montrose in years so I'll take any sort of win just to get the points on the board. 

Haven't beaten them since March 2021; first match back after lockdown and a few games before we imploded. D3 L4 since then.

10 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

It ultimately falls down to recruitment. We have kept the core that got us promotion from league 2 a season too many and not bringing in enough players around their peak. With that lack of quality we have a serious ageing squad as well. We can’t write this season off yet as we are still capable of performances like the one against Dunfermline, so there is hope yet!

You could say that we have kept the core that beat Brora in the relegation playoff in 2015.

Masson, Steeves, Watson and Webster were all on the field that fateful day. 

On 04/01/2023 at 14:08, PedroMoutinho said:

That midfield 3 would be too negative in my view 

Got to say I disagree. When we play the single pivot (DM) in the 3 we end up having the other two midfielders fanny about. Whereas, when we put hendo on in the mid with McGinn there was more of a gameplan and discipline within the squad. Was a clear as day improvement in the QOTS game. We were able to open them up effortlessly second half. 

Got the fear for this one. We've lost all our loanees, our goalkeeper is suspended.  Our backup keeper is in Australia.  We have been leaking goals for fun and not scoring many. Relieved to say I'll be sitting this one out.

A sneaky 0-1 😀

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Alegria not being available is a bit disappointing but it would seem Montrose are missing a few players aswell. Overdue a result against Montrose and I've a feeling we might just scrape a 2-1 win. 

Hearing Alegria won't be back in the country again. No idea how true it is but supposedly away back to Colombia.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Oliver upfront ahead of Burrell is absolutely wild.

Not entirely Burrells biggest assets is his running in behind and Oliver’s link up play is better imo. Wouldn’t be surprised if Burrell and others haven’t been affected by Illness like many teams are at the moment.